Whats with the eyes and closets?

Why is it when you read scarry books there are always percing red eyes or there is something in the closet, creepy eyes this, in the closet there. Same old same old. We need a change for once, lets see here. How about instead of eyes lets do....Blood coverd claws. Now for the closet, instead of the closet....hmmm...Behind the dresser. Now for the next part, lets make a short sentence of the before and after product.

Before:
I woke up quickly and shot up in my bed, scared by a nightmare, about how eyes were stairing at me from inside my closet. I glanced over. There they were, those peircing red eyes, there they were, stairing at me from the inside of my dark closet, I scremed as the pericing eyes got closer.

Now for the after, we just need to change up afew things.

After:
I woke up quickly and shot up in my bed, I wiped away a few beeds of sweat on my forehead. I had gotten scared by a nightmare about these long, blood coever claws were creeping out from behing my dresser. I apperntly decided to glance over there, and I regretted it as soon as I did. Nightmare come true, there they were, those long, blood civerd, hidious claws. They were reaching for me, from behind my dresser. I scremed at the very top of my lungs as the claws reached for my sweating face, creeping closer.

Ta da! You see what a little change and an active imagination can do? Try adding some more decriptive words and take something basic and spice it up. Like trying new flavors of ice cream. Try to describe how your charecter is feeling and turn it into something you can imagine easley. Because seriously, whats with all the eyes and closets?