Chapter 1

*Zyanna's POV*

Ring Ring Ring

"Ugghh"

Seriously who in the world invented this thing? I mean it's freaking annoying. It always choose to interrupt something so precious... sleep. The only thing that serves you from all the miseries life has.

I groaned as I think about the day ahead. It's been a week now since I left my recent job as a janitor and walking the streets of New York searching for a job.

No doubt, but it's tiring. Walking and searching with person's turning you down and you're not even at the interview as yet.

I flew up from the bed knowing I have limited amount of time to get ready. I then proceed to the bathroom to get myself sorted out.

I lived in a little apartment with not much comfort, it's very cheap and so comes the consequences. If it rains, I have to put a bucket in the middle of the living room to catch the water that's leaking. It's not big, it's a small cranky old apartment.

As soon as I was finished, I went to the drawer and grabbed the clothes closest to my reach which was a black pleated skirt with frills at the end - it's not even that long it's just in the right place, flowing freely at my ankle- topped with a floral chiffon blouse with short length sleeves. And put my long brunette hair in a messy bun up top.

I smiled as I stated at the skirt in awe. This was given to me by Mother Mitchell before I left the orphanage. I must say they taught me alot.

I gathered my black leather bag and rushed out the door. There was this weird feeling inside like I'm forgetting something.

Hmm let me see..
"Bra, check"
"Blouse, check"
"Oooooohhh, my cute lil' black skirt, check"
"Socks, check"
"Shoes, che-"
Wait a minute??!!
"Shit. I left my shoes"

I quickly took my skirt up in my hand and ran to my apartment, tumbling over as I opened the door. I scrambled my way over to where I kept my shoes and picked out my one and only leather boots.

Oh and let me tell you I wear them every where and with everything.

I really need another job to buy myself a proper shoes because this one won't take me far, the bottom will be off in the blink of an eye but nevertheless, if I want a new one, I'd have to go out there and find my sorry ass a job.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

After and hour of walking, searching and getting turned down I grew restless and hungry. I knew there was a café about five minutes from here and I was in the mood for some hot cappuccino so I began my journey.

For a Wednesday morning like this on the streets of New York, I must say it was quite busy. I tried my best not to walk in anyone's way.

In exactly five minutes, I arrived at the café. I was so tired so I sat down immediately at the far end around a single table. Across from me sat some ladies in formal attire, like they were going to work or something.

I shrugged cause I cared less.

I was about to leave when I heard one talking on the phone.

"Yes, mom I won't be late. Of course I'm gonna go, I told you it's on Braxton street. Yes that one De'Longhi Enterprise.... yes they're looking for a secretary and I think I'm just the right one"

She sighed then said "okay I'll call you when I get through.. yea bye mom"

"Your mom is so weird" one of her friends said rolling her eyes.

I zoned out. They're complaining while they got and I'm here wishing I had one.

Boy! Some people just don't appreciate what they got.
I got up and went to order my coffee.

I was definitely going to De'Longhi Enterprise to do an interview.
Who knows maybe I'll get through.
I've always wanted an office work and this is my chance.

I collected my coffee and hurried out the door but as soon as I was half way through the door someone bumped into me. I didn't realize until I felt the hot liquid seeping through my blouse leaving the stain as it goes.

"Watch where you're going woman, are you blind?" I hear voice growl angrily.

I looked up to see an angry man  dressed in a clean black suit. Judging from the watch he was wearing, I could tell he was loaded probably going to some wedding or something.

"I- I I'm sorry sir, I didn't see you there. " I muttered shyly.

He looked at me with disgust. I shuddered under his gaze.

" How the hell do you have a young voice in such an old body. Gosh you're weird" he snapped.

Ow! Can someone be this mean?

"Th- that's disrespectful sir. Not very nice of you" I replied.

"Judging by your looks.." he looked me down. "You deserve to be treated just the way you look, now get out of my way old junk I can't bear to look at you, much less be seen with you" he said before he pushed pass me.

Rude much...

That hurt my feelings yes, but I'll just brush it off. What? I can't let their words because burden to me.

And with that I scurried of to De'Longhi Enterprise cause I have an interview to catch.

Upon reaching building, I stopped outside to stare at the big thing in front of me and stared at it in awe.

It'll be the first time stepping foot in one of these. I snapped out of my gaze when I noticed some girls looking at me and criticizing and a laughing at me with their friends.

I quickly made my way into the building, spinning and gaping as I checked out the building to where I was supposed to go.

It was what felt like hours before I heard my name called. I got the information from the receptionist and made my way to the office.

"Good luck getting through, grandma" a girl smirked at me.

I quickly open the office door that marked ' De'Longhi ' and pushed my head in first but to my surprise it was the one and only..... drum roll please...

"Mr. Arrogant, feisty lil coffee spiller"

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Wooo *wipes sweat*
Okay guys so that was my first chapter with 1068 words.
This is my first time writing so please

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

And tell me what you think.
Until next time..

Britalli4evurr
12/29/16