Chapter 3

*Zyanna's POV*

By the time my alarm went off, I was already bathing. Yes, I'm ahead of time. What? You heard the man, he made it clear that he hates late employees so why would I want to be late?

I hurried out the bathroom to get dressed. I made some changes to my outfits so this one consists of a knee length floral dress with short sleeves. Lining the collars are some lace printed flowers. Trust me it's one of the best clothes I have since I barely have any. Back at the orphanage, I'd get the least amount and the not wanted set of clothes. They'd make sure every other girl picked out what they wanted and gave me the remaining. Since I'm not the type to complain about things, I took it and didn't make it a problem.

I was searching for my white flat leather boots when I heard a knock on the door. 'who could it be' I asked myself.

I opened the door revealing my landlord with an angry and irritated look. 'why did he come here if he's angry? It's not like it's my fault'

"You need to pay your rent by the end of the day, no excuse and no excess time. You need to pay it today or else you're out. You have until three p.m today to bring it in." He said before stomping off angrily.

I sighed, I really didn't have the money to pay him. Not even half. I wish I did though. I let out a sigh of exhaustion. ' how am I gonna pay him before three today?'

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

At exactly nine a.m I was at work, waiting for Mr. De'Longhi in the waiting area. I had trouble coming in cause no one would believe me that im the new secretary. This woman was very rude to me though when I went up to her to asked if she could show me the way to Mr De'Longhi's office, she replied saying ' I'm sorry but if you're looking for the 'Muary show' it's not anywhere near here and I must say Mr De'Longhi has no child and wouldn't go as far as getting one with you" she replied with a look of disgust.

It was until ten a.m when I saw him walked in, I flew up and went to him immediately. He looked somewhat frightened by my actions and as if he recognized me he went back to him normal emotionless self. "Let's go" he said not glancing my way. I obeyed and walked behind him.

We took the elevator that marked private and went to his office. He held the door open for me so i walked in muttering a 'thank you'.

"There are two desks in here, the one on the left is yours which of course is the smaller one and your job is as simple as..."he trailed off.  "Answering telephone calls, arranging appointments, taking messages, filing, organizing and servicing meetings. You are required to behave professional, you'll attend meetings with me and when I'm out of the country you'll stay here and do your job. Understood?"

"Yes sir, clearly" I answered politely.

"Oh and another thing Miss Reynolds, what is that you're wearing?" He asked.

'Well duh! Obviously I'm wearing clothes. What? Is something wrong with the way I'm dressed?'

"I'm sorry sir what?" I asked confusedly.

"The way you're dressed, probably that's the reason my workers have mistaken you for someone else this morning"... he said as if it's nothing. "You're supposed to dress to match the level of my company and I'd love it if you make the changes as of tomorrow"

"Sir, if I'm remembering correctly, I do remember you saying that yesterday and I made the changes last night so right now I'm confused as to why you don't seem to recognize the changes I've made towards my fashion" I replied again politely.

His eyes widen at my speech then as if I'm a comic he laughed, a good one too. I just stared at him with disbelief. Nothing I said awhile back was funny.

"Seriously, you call that fashion?" He asked laughing again.

That's very rude of him of course it's fashion and it's what I have not everyone can afford what they have or buy everything they see that's nice. I can't so I wear what I have. I learn to satisfy and until I can afford I'll change.

He regained his seriousness. "Okay, okay continue your work I'll just leave you but please change tomorrow"

I shook my head and went to work.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

It was now seven p.m and I've finished all my work. I haven't eaten since this morning and didn't go on lunch.

I quickly packed my things and hurried out the building. Mr De'Longhi said I could leave when my work was finished.

I was out of the building now staring at the busy street as the cold air hit me causing me to shiver. Hmm so much for walking home.

'Homethen I remember 'shit' I don't have a home. Mr. Larson, my landlord probably waiting for me at my door. I don't want to face him tonight I'm too tired and stressed out.

I sighed sat on the infront the building on the steps thinking how I'm gonna get money to pay Mr Larson.

"Ms. Reynolds, why are you sitting here? Aren't you going home?" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up to see Mr. De'Longhi staring down at me.

"Oh..." I said a got up, "I was just about to leave" I brushed off the back of my dress and started to walk.

"Ms. Reynolds" he said again. His accent so sweet. I wonder what's his nationality. I snapped out of my thoughts when he continued, " are you sure you're okay?, you look worried"

I wish I was okay, you have no idea how I'm stressing cause sooner or later I'll be homeless and then probably jobless. I forced a smile, "yes I'm good sir, goodnight."

And with that I walked home.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

It was then as I neared my apartment when I saw a huge crowd. 'hmmm what could that be now' 

Wait? Are those my.... no it couldn't be. I fasten my pace to get a better view of what's really happening.

Holy shit! My eyes widened.
Those are my freakin' clothes and furniture.

Oh God!

Why me?

My eyes watered. What can I do now everyone's got everything and since I didn't have much well they took what they could cause of course they were out on the side walk probably from three p.m.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Another chapter on y'all!!!

Hmm what do you say huh?
Poor Zyanna
But wait what do you think will happen next?

Will Zyanna be homeless?

Will she find help?

We'll see in the next chapter.. until next time..

See ya!

Continue to: 

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow

Britalli4evurr
12/31/16