Click

A/n update;  Somewhat an improved chapter

~~~~~~~

 'This is unbelievably annoying' I thought to myself, I stared blankly at the half completed essay. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned once, looking over at the time on the wall

'11:09 P.M'

I couldn't concentrate anymore, I couldn't think of anything new, all I could think about was sleep. Squinting back at the screen, I clicked a new tab to search up an inspiration of sorts, but was taken to a red screen instead,

'Welcome'

That simple word was enough to make me scoff, if this was another cheap scam that's going to damage my computer, I will make sure to find the damn creator and knock some god damn sense into them. Then the screen changed to a darker shade of red. I once again rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and suppressed a yawn.

'You have been selected for our annual hunt, only one person is chosen every decade for this event, congratulations, please fill out this form and then click yes at the end...we'll be waiting..'

"What,"

I quietly whispered to myself, barely any other information, nothing listed to what I was supposed to do, not even a damn prize, thanks a lot web, I tried clicking the exit button, but it kept dinging, meaning I couldn't exit out, becoming annoyed, I brought up a new tab. Yet it still came up again after a minute.

"To hell with this, I swear,"

I cursed at myself as I turned off the computer and restarted it again. My patience was running low since I'm lacking sleep. I stared in disbelief at the dim lit screen, red emitted from the screen with the same words printed. There wasn't even a contact page, or a url. My head throbbed from racing thoughts. Maybe this isn't a scam, maybe this is a legit opportunity, besides, one person in a decade. If I win, and get money, I could finally pay for my college applications.

The form was just like any other form, my phone number, mail, place I live, health. I clicked the next button, and a new window popped up,

'Terms and services,'

I scrolled past the long paragraphs, because what's the point in reading it anyway, no one takes their time to read a long reminder and precautions, well, not me. Right when I was clicking the "I agree to the terms of service," something caught my eye,

'Creepypasta---'

I clenched my jaws, I swear if this was one of those fangirl all lovey dovey on this, I'll just not do it, I'll make them erase my information from their databases. Then the page reloaded to my desktop. That was it.

Then the screen flickered. Crashed the next, moments later, it turned off by itself. I squinted with mouth agape, my computer never did that before, and I didn't like it one bit. Not long after filling out the form and finishing up, I already felt a strong sense of dread, a minute passed, then another, just staring at the black screen. Before finally rebooting it up again, working this time, and finishing up the damn essay that was due tomorrow morning. Quite a while after, past midnight, I slumped down the chair and trudged over to my bed, forgetting completely about shutting off the computer. I fell into slumber, not noticing the words flashing over the screen for a moment.

"Soon..."