Chapter Four

I said goodbye to my family, walking down the street to Crowley's Café, the place I worked. I thankfully was smart enough to skip the 9th grade and scored a spot in 10th grade. I quickly befriended Ruby, one of Crowley's (his real name is Fergus, but he hates it) daughters, and happily got a job at his café.

I walked through the door, looking to my right to see some students chatting amongst themselves. I almost scolded them for not being at school but I realized they were seniors because of their letterman jackets. They probably didn't need to be in class until later.

"Hey, Whiz!" Lilith, the youngest child, exclaimed. I smiled happily pulling the little girl up into my arms. Her blonde curls bounced and her clouded irises widened with happiness. Although Lilith was blind, she still knew it was me that walked through the door. She was smart for her age, she knew how to read really well, and managed to stick up for herself when people had made fun of her sight. I was really proud of her, even if she wasn't my sister.

"Hey Whiz bug, how's life?" Ruby asked giving me a slight hug before she tied up her black hair into a tight bun and tied on her apron. I copied her actions, answering her question with a happy smile and got behind the counter, taking everyone's orders and occasionally cleaned the tables.

---

I took off my apron, letting my hair down and took a deep breath. I leaned against the counter for a little bit, giving myself a little break before turning off the lights and locked up the coffee shop. I had offered to lock up because Crowley was busy with Lilith and since Ruby and Meg had college classes to get to.

I took out my phone, the light shining my face, blinding me almost. I had multiple texts from my brothers and sisters, worried that I was going to get captured by the kidnapper that roamed the streets. I checked the time, cursing at myself for closing up so late.

9:02 PM

I couldn't get arrested, Chuck and Becky would be infuriated and Crowley would probably fire me. I shoved my phone in my back pocket and walked down the sidewalk in peace, silently singing along to Pompeii in my head.

I heard footsteps behind me, the footsteps loudly stomping against the concrete. My heart beat faster and so did my walking. I took a sharp turn around the corner and hid in a bush, covering my mouth so no one could hear my loud breathing.

"Ready or not...here I come," A sadistic voice spoke. Silence rang through my ears, and I felt safe. I sighed with relief, ready to stand up until someone's hands snaked around my head and waist, a hand covering my mouth to silence my screams. They got close to my ear, their warm breath hitting the side my face.

"You can't hide."  

***

 I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Finally, Whizdom has been kidnapped but who did it? (It's pretty obvious I mean come one) I might upload another chapter but I'm not completely sure. 

Please like, comment some stuff, and give me a cheeky follow if you would like. 

Have a fantastical day!

~Jaxon