Making My Dreams Come True 1

Readers!!! here i am trying to write something apparantly

this is my 1st long story i hope i wont get lazy...

and i wont get you lazy reading this.. ^_^

hope you do love it and i'll make it up as soon as possible :)

leave a comment & Vote :) thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER ONE

Dana P.O.V

The moon slipped behind the drifting clouds just as Dana crawled over the window sill and out onto a narrow section of roof.

Though she was glad for the extra cover to help conceal her movements, the deepening darkness did make her immediate journey that much more difficult.

She made the short jump onto a sturdy branch tree that had stood outside her bedroom window. Then quickly crossed the yard and passed through the waist high cast-iron gate before disappearing into the night's shadows.

She reached the station just moments after the train rolled to a stop, looking back along the route she had just traveled to see if anyone notices her. She sigh in Relieved no one notice her but she was determined not to relax until she could feel the wheels of the train moving beneath her.

"All aboard," the conductor's call broke Dana thought.

"Finally," she whispered to herself.She took one last look at the crowded place, relieved to see no one she knew, By the time the conductor had finished calling out the names of the train's next few stops, she was standing impatiently next to him waiting for her ticket to be checked.

"Going all the way to Denver, Miss," She quickly nodded.

"You'll want the sleeper car then. Just continue right through this car and into the next. Take any bunk you like."

"Thank you," she smiled at the man as she retrieved her punched ticket back into her bag.

She mounted the high steps and without a look back at the only home she had ever known, she quickly resettled herself on the lumpy mattress, her thoughts gradually returning to the events that had led to her present circumstances.

Five Days Earlier

"No," his deep voice boomed. "I will not let my daughter work."

"But, Father-" she tried again to make her father understand her even though she knows that she will never make her father approved.

"Absolutely, not," his voice boomed again. Her father was a large man, well over six feet tall and solidly built. She had this 'discussion' to her father and his response was always the same.

"Respectable women do not work. Your mother never worked. She married; as was her duty; and you will do the same."

Her father, Robert Honofre was a successful business man, having inherited a prosperous shipping company from his father who had, in turn, inherited it from his father.

Her three brothers worked in the company and she had thought that she could too.

Not on the ships or down at the docks, but in the shipping office where her skills with numbers and writing could be of use. Not to mention, the money she could earn would help fund her dream of traveling.

She longed to explore the country's western territories.

The last thing she wanted was to be the wife of one of the numerous suitors that her father was constantly arranging to call on her.

She watched her father cross and re-crosses the room, while her mother sat quietly in a chair saying nothing. She took a deep breath and tried again,

"just a few hours a weeks, Father. Just enough to make me feel useful and allow me some spending money."

"I said NO," her father's shout rattled the room's windows.

"You don’t need money. A silly thing like you would not know how to handle money. Look at your mother," he came to a stop directly in front of her and pointed to the small woman sitting without expression in the corner of the room.

"She never had two coins to rub together and she never needed them. I see to all of her needs, just as your husband will do to you."

Her shoulders slumped as she realized that she would never make her father understand,she sighed deeply and dropped her head to her chest in defeat. Her father moved quickly.

"I never want this subject brought up again. Do you understand?" he leaned down until he was mere inches from her face and waited for her reply.

"Yes," she whispered.

"Good," he straightened back up.

"I have a shipment to see to," he said with a nod to his wife. And, after one final look at her as if to say 'this matter is settled'.

She sat in the now deafening silence and for several minutes studied her mother.

Luisa Lopez Honofre, was a small woman of slight statue and delicate features.

Born into the well-respected LOPEZ-ship-building family, Luisa was only seventeen when Dana’s grandfathers had arranged for the marriage.

Dana knew that her mother had not loved her father at the time of their marriage but, over the years since, had come to adore him.Luisa Lopez Honofre spent most of her days seeing to the running of the Lopez home and supervising the family's small staff of domestic help.

She attended few social functions unless her presence was required for her husband's benefit. She studied the woman who had given her life and had raised her and her brothers with as much love as any mother had ever given their children.

Her mother lived her life in her husband's shadow and was. Seemingly. Content to do so.

'No, 'I will not going to end up like her.' she said to herself.

crossed where her mother still quietly sat. Leaning down, she kissed her mother gently on the forehead.

"I'm going to the library," she told her.

"Don't worry; I'll be back in time for dinner." turning back she told her mother "I'll make my dreams come true no matter what Father says."

And, with that she left never seeing the single tear that slowly made its way down on her mother's cheek.

"I pray that you do, my daughter,"a soft voice was barely heard in the silence of the room. "I pray that you do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so what do you think on the first story? im kinda don't know what to do lol. ^_^

anyway im still thinking if who's going to play on those Characters.

care to help? :P