Making My Dreams Come True 2

HEY GUYS SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO WRITE AGAIN..

LOT OF THINGS HAPPEN LIKE DYING LOL

HERE THE END OF CHAPTER ONE HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dana  pushed open the heavy oak door that greeted visitors to the Honofre Library.  Her father's 'gift' to the town was a massive sandstone building with oak framed windows, oak bookshelves and oak reading tables. .  Its design was for one purpose only and that being to impress the town with her father's generosity.  She trudged across the oak floor and dropped down into one of the large overstuffed chairs provided for reading.

"What did he do now?" Eric, the young man who served as librarian, asked looking up from his work cataloging the latest delivery of books.  It was not uncommon for Dana to come to the library after arguing with her father and Eric rarely had to guess the cause of his friend's mood.  He had graduated from a nearby college a few years previously and had been offered the position of librarian immediately thereafter.  He was a few years older than Dana but being new in town and naturally shy, he had found her friendship a welcome bonus to his duties. 

"He turned me down again," she answered.

"You know that he'll never change his mind, don't you?"

"Yes," she sighed. 

Having had this conversation with her several times before, the librarian knew she would need some quiet time.  Leaving Dana to her own thoughts, Eric went back to his work. 

Almost a half hour passed before she pulled her legs up to get more comfortable in the chair

"So, Eric," turning her attention to the librarian.  "You planning on letting me see today's delivery?"

"Maybe," Eric looked at his friend and was glad to see her face free of most of the frustration it had carried when she had first entered the building.  He smiled, knowing Dana was fully aware of what the latest delivery contained since she had helped him make out the order list weeks earlier.  She would insist on more books covering the west and he would insist that the library provide a wide range of subjects for reading.  Then, after the list was finalized, he would always add one or two additional "surprises" for his young friend.

"Got something here that might just bring a smile back to your face," Eric reached down into a box and pulled out a rolled up newspaper. 

"What is it?" asking as she rose out of the chair and made her way to Eric desk.

"All the way from Denver," Eric handed her the paper which she took immediately. 

" Eric, this is great," she cried excitingly without lifting her eyes from the pages she read.  "But, how did you manage it," she asked knowing that it was hard enough getting copies of newspapers from cities on the east coast let alone one from the western territories.

"Chap I know at the publishing house mentioned they sometimes send books out west.  Asked him for a favor and that's what he sent.  Only a month old.  Not bad, eh?" Eric was pleased that he was able to surprise Dana with the newspaper.

"Not bad.  I'd say it was fantastic," she smiled at her friend.  "I can't wait to read the whole thing."

"Go on," Eric motioned her to one of the large oak reading tables.  "Spread it out and enjoy.  I've got to finish cataloging the rest of these books."