Gold to Dust

"Accident," he said smartly. "I said it was an accident, not a mistake."

Ellegra shrugged and moved around him. "And what's the difference?"

He blocked her path, his hand reaching out to find hers. "A mistake is something you look back on with regret. And I don't regret kissing you."

One year ago, Ellegra Mannox was free. She was second in line for the throne and ready to be married. She was part of a loving royal family. She was happy.

Then she killed the king.

Having fled her home, Ellegra now battles to stay alive against the wrath of her brother, crowned King Cilas, and a country that once loved her. She fights to avoid the iron clutches of capture and death, but she must also hunt for the truth, even if means allying herself with people who have the power to both save her life and end it.

One year ago, a deal was made, a lie was told, and lives were ruined.

This story does not begin with "once upon a time". It starts with a girl running from a lie she never told and from the life she never took. "Happily ever after" might not be the ending to this story, for it follows a girl who comes to know loss, betrayal, and death all too well.

Updates every FRIDAY!! Please vote and comment! I love feedback!
Amazing cover by splashgraphics ❤️