Chapter 2

The next two days passed by in a blur. They were full of studying, finals, and Parker annoying the hell out of me every chance he could get. I know I got all the questions right plus the extra credit of my Werewolf History final, and on the rest of mine I did pretty good. I was relieved that it was now over and I could just go home and relax.

Our graduation ceremony happened the next day where I made my valedictorian speech and got my diploma. Eleanor had gone on a road trip with her boyfriend this weekend and Ariel and Daria were going to the party tonight and then sleeping over at a friends house, so Parker was sleeping over because I wouldn't have to worry about anyone bothering us or kicking him out.

"Maybe you should just move out this weekend. Nobody's going to be here to stop you," Parker said as we walked in.

"You know I can't. I'll be going off to college in two months and then I'll be out of here for good," I said, heading upstairs to my bedroom (*cough the attic *cough) to discard of my school things.

"By the way, Noah's coming back from training next Thursday and there's a ball on Friday. All the neighboring packs are going to be invited because Noah needs to find his mate so he can start ruling as alpha as soon as possible," I informed Parker.

"Are you going?" He asked.

"I want too, but Eleanor may not let me," I sighed, falling back onto my bed. Parker flopped down next to me.

"Elizabeth, your eighteen now. Eleanor can't just keep you locked away forever," he said. "If you want to go to the ball then we'll make sure that you go to the ball."

"Parker-"

"Elizabeth, you're the future beta no matter what. You know in the trial you'll get all the votes. And whether they like it or not, they have to start respecting you."

I knew he was right. I knew that I would become the beta no matter what. Everything was in my favor, and even with that in mind I still didn't like to get my hopes up. I got my hopes up that my mom would get better, and she died. I got my hopes up that my dad would realize that Eleanor wasn't good for him, and they ended up getting married. I got my hopes up that Ariel and Daria would be nice to me, and they only got meaner. I got my hopes up that my dad would make it back from the attack, and he didn't. Getting my hopes up only brings me down more when everything crumbles and that's why I didn't let myself do it.

"I know. But I still don't like to get my hopes up and you know that."

"This so something that I know won't crumble, Elizabeth. Now let's go do something fun before we completely ruin the mood," he said, getting off my bed and leaving.

"Thanks for waiting," I mumbled, following him downstairs. He was pulling his shoes on and waited for me while I pulled mine on before we left the house and got into his car.

"Where are we even going?" I asked as he pulled out of my driveway.

"A water park," he replied, a huge smile on his face.

"What!" I shrieked from excitement! "But I don't have a swimsuit-"

"There's one in the back. You left it at my house last summer and I never got around to giving it back," he said sheepishly.

"Parker, how long have you had this planned?" I asked him, turning my body in the seat so I was looking at him.

"A while," he admitted. "I know how much you love the water and you don't get to be in it that often."

"Thank you," I said, tears welling in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away and laughed when Parker asked if I was crying. His laughter filled the car, immediately lifting my mood.