Chapter 26

- Promise Smith

I've been in here for almost 2 months and I haven't heard from my dad since ! Man fuck him and fuck that hoe he with . I got up and went to shower . Afterwards I went and got my mail . I smiled and started reading it .

Dear Promise

Almost been 2 months that you haven't been here . I miss you a lot and so does your sister . Your gonna be home soon . Elena misses you too everyone does . Me and your dad have court the day after you come home . I cry sometimes because my crazy ass daughter isn't here , we have been together since day one and I hope it stays that way after court . I don't know what I'm gonna do if you girls have to leave with your dad . Your like my twin & I love you remember that . We fight a lot but that's what we do . I love and miss you . Stay strong .

Love Mom

Dear Promise

Girl I miss your crazy ass ! Like how you been ! Travis asks about you too , like nigga Ya'll don't date ! Isaiah been asking a lot about you he said that you told him about it too . But lord , lots of things have been going on . School isn't the same without you , but I can't wait for you to come home . I don't like that new girlfriend of yours dad . She is a rat ! But anyways see you soon !

Love Elena

Dear Promise

Hey baby, how you holding up ? I miss you like crazy . I'll be waiting for you when you come home . I'm coming down with my aunt Ashlee . I'm trying to move with her if she moves down there so we can see each other more . But stay strong your almost able to come home . Love you baby .

Love Isaiah

I smiled and folded up the letters .

Hey girly ! Courtney said

Hey shortie . I laughed

Man whatever . Let's go eat . She laughed

Ok . I said

- LaKayla Smith

Mia come on so I can come your hair . I said

Ok . She said

Mia where did that huge ass marks come from ? I asked

I don't know . She spoke fast

Mia don't lie to me. Where did they come from ? I asked

Amber she hit me because I wouldn't get up and another time she hit me because I dropped her bowl . She cried

Oh baby I'm so sorry . I cried

I put her hair in a ponytail and took her to Alexius's house cause she wanted to see Alexius's son . They named him Chres Jr . So cute , I was pissed the fuck off how dare that beast put he hands on my daughter has she lost her damn mind ! I pulled up to the house and hopped out . I knocked and Ray answered .

Where is she ! I yelled

Who ? He asked

That bitch Amber . I yelled

In the living room . He said

I pushed past him and walked inside .

Hi Kayla . She smiled