Chapter Eight

The picture above is my creation! I figured Ford would give Dipper his own journal. So I came with this one. Tell me your thoughts! Plus you guys can see my little kitty cats. They run across my phone screen. The white one is Snowball and the gray and white one is Delilah.

Stanley's POV

"Ford." I said holding out my hand.

"Stanley." Stanford clasped his six fingered hand around my own.

We'd made an effort to at least tolerate eachother when taking the twins to see one another.

I motioned my head over to were Dipper and Mabel were sitting on the grass.

"Look at 'em. They have never had trouble being nice to eachother. That what real sibling are like." I told him.

Ford had this funny look on his face but I kept going, "They love hanging out. Ford... I think you should move closer to us. For the kids."

"I'm sorry Stanley. I can't. My life... Dipper's life even. Is here. Plus don't you think that having them together 24 seven would be too different for them?" He replied to my plead.

"Then I'll ask again next time. Just think about it."

I abandoned my brother to get Dipper's gift from the car. Mabel had picked it out from this cheesy tourist trap we ran into on the way up here.

I snorted as I picked it out of the truck. It was this blue and white hat with a tiny geometric blue tree. She had said something about blue being Dipper's color when she turned around with her puppy dog eyes. I never could resist the puppy dog eyes... And neither could Ford.

I remeber coming up here one winter. It was Christmas break and we had everything planned. Gifts were bought, tree was set up, and food was prepared.

Then Dipper had caught a cold. Stanford went out to get medicine since he knew his way around and Mabel went with him. I stayed behind to keep him company.

By the time Ford and Mabel had gotten back Mabel was sauntering in with more gifts. Ford walked in with presents piled up high on his arms. He had to close the door with his foot. I remeber later he had said, "She just gave me this look! It's like I went into a trance and had woken up after everything was already in the car!"

I chuckled at the memory.

"Hey Mabel," I turned to where grand niece was talking with her brother. "Didn't you have something to give to Dipper?" I held the hat behind my back.

Mabel's POV

I almost forgot!

"Close your eyes Dip Dop! Don't open them until I say it's okay. I have a present for you!" I thrust my hand over his eyes lengthwise.

"Okay okay! Roger that." Dipper closes his eyes and put his hands over them. I checked to see if he was peeking before struggling to my feet.

I ran over to my guardian as he took the hat from behind my back and held it out.

I smiled out the gift and took it into my hands. I hope he'll like it. I thought as I ran back.

"Open!" I plopped the blue and white hat on my brother's head.

Dipper took off the hat to look at it. At first he just stared at it. I started to get worried.

What if he hated it? What if he already had one? What if- no. You know him. Of course he'll like it!

The smile that spread across his face quenched my worries.

"It's awesome," He proudly placed the cap on his head and gave me another wide grin.