Chapter Thirteen

Guys. I know it's been a long time. But I moved twice, went through some crap. And I just couldn't work up the same energy to continue to write for the longest time. With AP classes taking up all of my time and the comments I kept seeing when I would come to my last author's note... I just felt completely discouraged and defeated. I've deleted the harshest of them but when I saw the comments left by readers who would get mad I left, I felt pressured and couldn't ever bring myself to write. Those who commented those kind words really helped me and encouraged me to continue. I'm not sorry I left. I had to take a break and take time for myself. I still have classes and a ton of homework so I can't promise quick chapters. I can promise they will come out though. No more multi year intervals! As always, I hope you enjoy my lovely readers!

Dipper's POV

It was kinda awkward but Bill calmly strode towards the portal I came to recognize as my fate. I think I was in shock. I tried repressing my emotions like Gruncle Ford had taught me to when dealing with dangerous creatures. How to take the reigns from your feelings and hand them over to your logical side. I didn't even realize I was doing it.

I held my breath and closed my eyes as we went through the portal.

It felt like stepping into a pool of mushed orbeeze. Cool, compressed.

I could feel tendrils of what I could only assume were different dimensions pulling at me from multiple directions.

I felt one in particular wrap around my right ankle tightly. My eyes sprung open in my panic.

I also sucked in a fresh supply of air even though I wasn't sure there would be any.

There was thankfully but I was more worried about the light blue, almost translucent, jelly like rope that was pulsating as it continued to wrap itself upwards on my leg. It's grip grew tighter quick.

My eyes widened and I began to shake my leg before Bill's hand reached down and swatted at the tendril swiftly. I noticed the strange feeling had disappeared almost instantly when I opened my eyes.

"I hate those things! Don't worry they are harmless if you get them off soon enough. They are kinda like those sad animal commercials. They show you the sad puppies and kittens... then they tell you how cheap it is. Next thing you know you're paying "pennies a day!" Then you're trapped. Until you make another portal. Don't worry. We will be going in a lot of portals and you will learn to fend them off!" Bill mentioned.

The thought of encountering these things any more than just this once made me feel kinda queasy.

I also was startled to see that the obnoxious amount of colors had vanished. It was instead substituted with a stark, bright white hallway filled with various doors

Bill stopped walking immediately and started to laugh.

Bill began to speak again,"LOOK! There is our door. That black one with the peep hole that looks like an eye? Yup. I designed it."

"So, um, what kind of world is it?" I had decided that Bill was a pretty chill guy but I was still wary of the dimension we were going to. Gruncle Ford had always told me that danger was around every corner of adventure.

"You are gonna love it. I prepared a slideshow. I know, best brother ever. Then I'll give you tour and introduce you to Will!" We had reached the door.

"Will? Who is that?" And what was with the matching names?

"He is your other brother. C'mon Dip and Dots, keep up with the program!" Bill opened the door and stepped inside without warning.

I screwed my eyes shut and clamped my lips tight to keep whatever breath I had in my lungs there. The strange feeling was still as cold and orbee-like as the first time.