Cliff Walk

I woke up to my alarm screaming in my ear, I absolutely hated that sound; I don't even remember setting it.  I shuffled around my bed searching for my phone and found it, it read 5am.  I rolled back over it wasn't mine going off mine goes at 6. After 10 minutes of waiting for it to stop I gave up and got out of bed to get ready. I noticed that Finn wasn't in his bed I guess he's on the toilet so I grabbed my clothes and towel before heading upstairs to the bathroom.

By the time I came back downstairs the alarm was still going off and it was 5:30 now it's been going for 30 minutes so I decided I'd look for it. I walked over to Finns bed and started to search for it it got louder as I got closer to his bag so I crawled over there and started to look under it.  No luck.  I then decided to check the pocket that was open. I found it sitting on all the clothes. I swiped to turn it off just as someone came in the room.

"Fawn what are you doing in my bag?" I jumped somehow from my sitting position and landed right on my bum again and hitting the bruise on my arm somehow in the process.

"Sorry, but your alarm was going off for-" I checked my watch. " 40 minutes now and I could of slept for that long" I said quietly. I really hope he doesn't think I'm going through his bag for other reasons.

"Okay and sorry I woke up earlier than usual so I explored the beach and I forgot about my alarm I was going to go on a run with you this morning. "

"Okay well give me a second to get changed into some shorts."  I slipped out of the room and ran to the bathroom that was sooo embarrassing.

We'd been running on the beach for a while and he's slowly getting the hang of it but we've been in awkward silence this whole time. I slowed to a walk and watched him continue to run, he seemed in another world and didn't realise I had stopped running.

Suddenly my legs gave out and I collapsed on the sand and started breathing heavily, I started finding it hard to breathe so I lied down and put my hands around my head trying to get oxygen into my lungs. I could slightly start to breathe again as a blurry person came into my view.

"Fawn are you okay I saw you collapse?" I nodded as an answer I still wasn't breathing well.  Finn brought his hand up to my face and wiped my check before picking me up and carrying me back home. I hung to him and when we got inside we sat on my bed and he held me until I could breathe normally again.

"Thanks" I wispered looking up with my now clear vision to see him confused, worried, curious and relieved.

"I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention on the run." Finn said looking into my eyes. I looked away I hated people giving me the pity look.

"No it wasn't the run and it wasn't your fault." I whispered again hoping this might finish this conversation and he would change the subject. "Why do you look so worried I'm fine now!" I said speaking normally this time. I tried to stand up but he had his arms around me so when I tried my bruise on my arm was pushed against his arm which caused me to scrunch my face up. He realised this and let me go before grabbing just my arm and pulling my sleeve up to reveal the purple and green marks around my arm. He looked at me with sad eyes but all I could think about was if I'd covered everything else on my body with make up.
I turned to him and pulled my arm away.

"It doesn't hurt that much now It just looks bad. " I said as I pulled my sleeves back down over my writs seeing that they were partially covered.
" I'm going for breakfast now want to come?"

"Sure." He said before standing up and walking out after me. Breakfast was slightly uncomfortable but luckily mum didn't pick up on it she was too busy looking at her photos.

I spent the rest of the day sitting on the beach watching the waves. Just after lunch I decided I should probably go talk to Finn I haven't seen him since breakfast.