Chapter 5

Today was Saturday. I just woke up and i went to take a shower right away. Cold showers wake me up and i really find it as a great way to start my day. After i did what i usually do, i really didn't know what to do today so i just wore a black crop top that had a cheetah print cross on it and some shorts. Yes i am a fan of the color black. I wore my pink flip flops and headed downstairs. I saw Mom, Dad and Kevin. Mom and Dad were talking while Kevin was playing with his toys in front of them. I said good morning to the three of them and went to the kitchen to eat some breakfast. Before i even reached the door mom sort of yelled "Honey! There's bacon and pancakes! I know you love those so enjoy it!" I smiled at her and said "Thank you!" then i went to the kitchen. Me and my mom are like best friends. We always get along with each other and she's always there for me since my dad is always busy.

I got myself a plate and got 3 pancakes and some bacon strips. As i ate them i couldn't stop smiling because of how good it tasted. My mom was the best cook not to mention. After eating i placed my plate inside the dishwasher and got out of the kitchen.

Dad went upstairs because he still had to finish some things for work. Mom was just watching Kevin and she called me to sit with her. "So how was it at your friends house last night?" she asked.

I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday. Shoot. should i tell mom? Not now.

"It was okay. He was actually really kind." i finally said. Mom gave me a smile, and said "Hmmm, what if you actually might like him huh? I know you Sophia." she said as she playfully nudged my arm. "I actually uh.. have a crush on him but i don't have a chance so i'm not getting my hopes up ya know." i said to her. "But you'll never know sweetheart, this project can bring you closer to each other. You can tell me anything okay? I wont be mad if you end up with each other. But of course, i want to meet him too." She said in a motherly advice tone if you get what i mean.

"Yes mom. I will and uh can he come here sometimes too? Uh like to do our project? So you can meet him too." I said looking at her. "Sure sweetie." She said calmly.

My phone rang and i read a text from Crissabel:

"Hey girly! Come over today! Becky and Stephanie are coming! Please? :)"

"Okay sure :) what time?"

"Maybe at like 3:00?"

"Okay. see ya!"

I told mom about Crissabel's text and she allowed me. It was now 12 noon and mom started making lunch. Kevin was suddenly crying so i went to the floor to ask him why. "Why are you crying?" i asked him while rubbing his back. I loved my little brother so much. He's like the cutest thing in this planet. "My toy broke!" he said while crying. I know it's just a minor thing but he's 5. Of course I would feel the same way. "Don't worry! I'll try to fix it and if not, i'll buy you a new one!" i said to him smiling so i can cheer him up. He looked up to me with his eyes wide and and ear-to-ear smile. "REALLY?!??! THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU'RE THE BEST!" he said while tackling me into a hug. Those are one of the little things i loved about him he's so sweet. i said "i love you" while hugging him and he said "i love you too" and after that he pulled back. I wiped away his tears and tried to fix his toy.

I tried to fix his toy but i couldn't. "Hey Kevin, we can buy another one tomorrow if that's okay with you?" "It's okay" he said to me. Mom just called us for lunch and we sat down the table and ate lunch. While eating my dad suddenly said, "Sorry, i need to go to work today because my boss said that i needed to do something important." We just nodded and continued eating. I honestly think that my dad is like cheating with my mom. I would like over hear him sometimes talking to the phone and it's with a girl. I wont tell mom yet because i'm not sure of it.