Chapter 15 - Evil Shall Fall

Hi, right, another chapter, needs more Dramione and it will come kinda soon-ish. But yeah the story will soon come to and end. Not sure when. Maybe 3 or 4 more chapters and then finished :( Sad time, I really loved writing this, anyway...thank you all for reading until now and hopefully till the end..enjoy!

***************************************************************************************************

We ran up the stairs, not looking back, I didn’t see who was behind me but I caught a glimpse of Harry’s black hair. We’d gotten to the floor of Draco’s bedroom but we’d ran and entered Narcissa’s room. We shut the door, locked it and cast Muffliato and protective enchantments to hold them off. Narcisa was peacefully sleeping until her eyes flickered open. My chest was heaving from breathing fast. I managed to smile at Narcissa but that went unnoticed when she’d caught Lucius’ eye. It’d been the first time I’d really seen her smile. A meaningful smile.

“You saved us” I addressed Lucius, and he looked at me.

“Yes I did, we owe Dobby for the idea”. He looked away now and stared back at Narcissa smiling. Lucius didn’t hesitate and he went over to her, she sat up and touched Lucius’ cheek. I looked away and thought I’d give them some privacy. I eyes fell on the 3 boys who looked so tired, their hair a mess, dirt on their face, but I still loved them. Funny saying that and mentioning Draco too. But it was true. Over the past few days, he’d proved himself, I’d forgiven him and he seemed like a real friend. Sometimes I’d hoped he’d be much more. I shook the thought out of my head and Narcissa spoke.

“Would one of you boys get me my medicine and some water, please?”

Almost suddenly Harry stood up straight and went to help. Harry had told us how’d she’d saved his life at the Battle of Hogwarts. There was no real way to actually pay her back for that, but I guess Harry would help out with even the littlest things. Harry, I knew had no problem with the Malfoys anymore, maybe Lucius, but I’m guessing that’s past tense now too.

Harry gave Narcissa her water and medication, Ron followed Harry and they whispered something to each other. And the only person left for company is Draco. I turn to him, his face, motionless. I see him stare at his parents, they’re smiling, laughing, talking. By the looks of it, it’s something new after years of disagreement.

I looked back at Draco and stood right next to him.

“You think it’ll be a new start for them?” I ask quietly. He doesn’t move or reply. I look away from him since he gave no response but he then spoke.

“Maybe. I hope so. They love each other really. But never admitted it until now”

We watch Lucius say ’Sorry’ to Narcissa, and her kissing him maybe to say she’d forgiven him. I smiled.

"How did you get him to change his mind?" I asked him with a grin.

"Erm...I'm very persuasive" says Draco smiling. Hermione who's not convinced smiles and holds his hand.

The touch felt very alien, but comforting. Draco looked down at our hands then at me. I thought he’d let go but he held my hand tighter. No one noticed. We’d stood there watching the others. Harry was in conversation with Narcissa now. Everything seemed so friendly, our troubles locked away.

But we’d forgotten one thing. The door started being blown apart. Someone was trying to open it from the outside. We’d forgotten our enemies are right outside. I gasped and I got pulled away by Draco.

“Narcissa” Lucius called out. “Can you walk? Are you feeling better?”

“Of course I can” She jumped out of bed, but on some robes quickly and grabbed Lucius’ hand.