Chapter 16 - Why Now?

Right, this story will nearly be finished and I have really loved writing it and thank you all for staying and reading until the end, anyway, here goes :)

*************************************************************************************************************

"She's coming to"

That was the first thing I heard when my head finally cleared up. Ron's voice was ringing in my head, and my eyes flickered open, still burred. I tried sitting up, but I cried out in pain. A searing jolt of excruciating pain went down the side of my stomach. I reach down and find a number of stitches. My right arm is bandaged too, but it'll need changing because it's soaking in my blood. 

Finally I can see, and the warm faces of Harry and Ron greet me. I smile and Ron throws his arms around me, embracing me in a bone crushing hug. I whimper in pain, but I've missed them so much, I can go through a bit more pain and trouble for them. Ron's arm is bandaged too, but he looks fine and healthy. Harry seems fine and unhurt like he wasn't there in the chaos. I smile at them both.

"Hi guys"  I says and Ron releases me.

"Hi, Hermione, how are you feeling?" ask Harry, who hands me a glass of water. I take it and thirstily drink it in one.

"Much better I guess" I reply, my voice croaks from lack of use so I clear my throat.

"Thank god you are, Hermione, you've been out cold for 3 days" says Ron.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you lost conciousness back in Malfoy Manor"

"I did?"

I didn't remember much at all, it all went black. How I managed to get out of there alive still remained a mystery, I had so much to ask them.

"Tell me everything, everything that happened" I demand.

"Well-" Ron looks at Harry for help.

"Hermione, you threw that rock at the dome, and the house shook. Like and indoor earthquake. You broke it and the room was basically eaten up by smoke and fog, so it was impossible to find the door and get out. Everyone was screaming, and If I saw right...Salazar...he was buring...or melting awake...the fog was taking over him and...devouring him."

I looked at him, motionless. I nodded for him to continue but Ron interjected.

"The deatheaters were all escaping, they fled. And I think you got hit by something and we saw you lying on the floor. we had to excape the fog or apparently it would have got us. But we had to save you, Narcissa and Lucius had to leave quickly since they were mostly apart of the houses history too. But Draco..didn't"

He stopped, and again Harry and Ron exchanged looks.

"Tell me" I say.

"He went back for you, Hermione, he went back in the falling house and got you. We were in ruins, the house is in ruins right now. But he went back and got you and we came to St.Mungo's." finishes Harry and takes my hand in his.

"I guess I understand now why you did" he says and get up. I didn't get it. 'I guess I understand why you did'? I don't understand. "I'll call in everyone else, everyone's here" he and Ron leaves and moments later, Ginny, Molly, George, and Aurthur came in. Instantly Molly and Ginny hugged me, I hugged back because I hadn't seen in such a long time.

"Thank goodness you're okay, my dear" said Molly who's fixing my hair.

"Mrs Weasley, I-"

"Don't worry dear, Ron told us, about the job and Malfoy Manor. Dear, I didn't understand why you didn't tell us, but let's not dwell on the past, you're safe now" she says and smiles.