Chapter 3

"You can not climb that tree." I state, facing Cameron. We were in our usual dreams and we were debating wether he could climb the tree or not. Now let me tell you, the tree is very tall and the branches are very thin, especially the ones at the top. The tree was on the edge of the clearing where the waterfall is.

Cameron faces me and gives me a hurt look. "Do you not have any faith in me?" He asks, pouting. I look away, trying to resist the face. This doesn't help because Cameron just walks in front of me, pout still in place. "Why don't you have any faith in me?" He asks. I sigh. Even though I knew he was joking, my wolf didn't know that. All she knew is that we hurt our mate and we need to fix it. "Of course I have faith in you." I begrudgingly say. Cameron fights to keep a smile off his face and says, "so you think I can climb the tree?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. I roll my eyes but nod. Cameron smirks and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close. I snuggle into his chest, loving the warmth he radiates and just being near him.

"You can't resist the face either." He whispers in my ear, causing a shiver. I knew what he was referring to; Victoria's comment in the mall earlier. "Shut up." I mumble, not being able to come up with a comeback. I feel Cameron's chest rumble as he chuckles, kissing the top of my head. "Anyway, it's time for me to climb up this tree." He says, pulling away with a smirk. I roll my eyes, but watch none the less.

He makes it only to the foot of the tree before we are blinded by a bright light. I cover my eyes with my arm and soon feel Cameron besides me, holding me protectively. The light soon fades and we hear an angelic chuckle. I move my arm to find the Moon Goddess. She looked absolutely stunning with her white hair that looked so soft. She wore a white gown that flowed over her body perfectly. Her eyes, still the same all white. Her aura was pure, calming my nerves. "There is no need to be protected from me, child." She says and Cameron let's go. We simultaneously go down on one knee, bowing our heads. She walks towards us and places a hand on each of our shoulders. "There is no need to kneel in front of me. Stand." She says kindly and we stand.

"I have come here to warn you." She says.

I frown. That did not sound good at all. Cameron pulls me more closer to him protectively and I place my hand on his, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Although, first I just want to tell you that I am so proud of the both of you." She says, cupping our faces with each of her hands. "You both have done extraordinary. You have taken on your role as The Royal Wolves well. I see the way you take care of all werewolves and I am so proud. I know that you will serve me well." She says, giving us a motherly smile. Her smile then drops and her angelic features turn to one of a troubled soul, putting her hands back to her sides. "I must tell you a bit about myself." She says carefully. Cameron and I share a look and we both nod at The Moon Goddess.

"Many know of me and what I do. What most don't know is that I have a twin, The Sun God." She says and pauses. My eyes widen and The Moon Goddess holds her hand out, telling me to not speak. "I wasn't the only one who created your species, werewolves. My brother had done equally as much work when creating your species. Werewolves don't only thrive when under moonlight, they thrive under the Sun's rays as well. The Sun also provides in giving you energy. But most do not know that so my brother got mad, angry. He got blinded by his fury and jealousy. He tired to destroy every one of you. Being The Sun God and creator gave him the power to do so, but I didn't let him. I had stopped him. So instead, he made a werewolf in particular. He gave this werewolf much more heightened senses and it is stronger in every way. My brother gave this werewolf a goal and one goal only; to destroy all goodness. My brother made a killing machine. It killed everything good in its sight. In order to stop him, I made the Royal Wolves. The complete opposite. Were as my brother made evil, I made good. "

The Moon Goddess stops talking at this point and observes our wide eyes and open mouth, well my open mouth anyway. Cameron and I process the many words the mighty Goddess has said. "Do you have any questions, children?" She asks us.

We nod, my head moving like a maniac. "Is this werewolf still alive?" I ask.

She nods solemnly. "He is. He was made immortal and no one had been able to take him down."

"You said that you made the Royal Wolves to defeat him. How are we going to defeat him?" Cameron asks.

She gives us a warm smile, one that calms our nerves. "You will know. You just have to trust each other and have faith." She says.

Out of pure curiosity, I raise an eyebrow and ask, "does this werewolf have a name?" I ask.

"He goes by Royal Rogue."

~*~*~*~*~

Hello my beautiful readers. How are you?
So I know this is a very short chapter, especially compared to my other ones. Sorry about that, but it was needed for this particular chapter. How was it? Any good? Tell me your thoughts.
Have a great day/night wherever you are.
Love you all!

- a_lama