Chapter 6

"What are we doing today?" Cameron asks me, pulling me closer to his chest. We had just woken up. It's been just over a week since Megan's birthday. I turn around in his arms so I'm facing him and I snuggle closer to him. "I was thinking of visiting Sky and then I wanted to visit Rosalyn and Kendrick. It's been so long since I've seen them." I say, my eyes still closed. Cameron hums in response and says, "we can do that." I open my eyes and look up at him, grinning. "Really? I can go?" I ask in excitement. I missed Rosalyn and Kendrick.

||A/N: if you have forgotten who they are, they are the couple who helped Arianna when she escaped from Melvin and Robert||

"We can go." He corrects me. I roll my eyes but don't argue. It's not that I don't want my mate, I want my mate beside me all the time, I just don't want him to babysit me.

It's not babysitting, princess. It's called protecting.

Yeah yeah.

"Anyway, no time to waste. Let's get up." I say, sitting up. Although I'm not up for long as my mate pulls me back down. "We'll get up later." He says lazily. "Isn't it always me who's complaining about getting up?" I tease. He just grunts, stuffing his head into my neck. My wolf purrs which reminds me that I need to go on a run. "You want to go for a run?" I ask, poking his chest. He leans his head back so he can look at me, his eyes now open. He raises an eyebrow and asks, "in our wolf form?" I nod in response and he shoots up, dragging me with him. "Come on. No time to waste." He says, referring to my words from earlier. I roll my eyes but get up nonetheless.

<><><>

We race back to the Pack House with Cameron in the lead. I knew I wasn't going to win the race so I had to play dirty. I feign falling and land on my hands and knees, crying out. In an instant, my mates by my side. He fusses over me, asking if I'm okay. I don't respond and get up with inhuman speed, racing forward. I look back to see Cameron staring at the space I was in and I could feel his confusion. He glances up at me, shaking his head and I smirk before focusing forward again. I race up to our room, waving at whoever I ran past. I could hear my mates thudding footsteps behind me and he was getting closer. I could see our room door up ahead and I go even faster, my wolf loving the chase. My hand reaches out to the doorknob but before I can open the door, arms wrap around my waist, spinning me around. I let out a squeal and I laugh, knowing it was my mate from the sparks and warmth.

"Gotcha." He whispers in my ear. I turn in his arms and grin up at him. I capture his lips in an passionate kiss. It couldn't get any better than this.

<><><>

After my mate and I freshened up, we go in search of Sky. After we don't find her in the Pack House, Cameron mind links his mum to find where she is. I lean on the kitchen counter, waiting for him to finish his conversation with his mother. After a couple seconds, he looks up from the floor and says, "she's at the Packs daycare with mum." I nod and we make our way out. The Pack daycare was a small building that took care of the children when their parents couldn't. It's mostly for the Pack warriors when they are busy with Pack work.

When we arrive, I knock on the door three times and the door is opened in seconds. An African women who is probably in her mid thirties comes into my line of sight. She had dark brown skin with beautiful dark brown hair. She wore a gentle smile and bowed her head in respect. "Alpha, Luna." She greets. "How are you?" I ask. "I am good. Yourself, Luna?" She asks. I smile and say, "I am good. Thank you for asking." The woman opens the door wider and let's us pass through. She leads us to a room filled with children of all ages. My eyes land on Sky as she played with a girl around the age of six. Sky herself was still a child, only fourteen of age. The woman, who's name I still don't know, claps her hand, gathering everyone's attention. "Children, this is the Alpha and Luna." She says, presenting us. I smile and give a small wave. The kids look up at us in awe and I couldn't get over how adorable they are.