Chapter 27

"For how long?" I question, raising an eyebrow. Cameron dries his hair with a towel while answering, "if all goes well, only a couple of days." I nod. "So the plan is to send Landon away to another pack to get them to help us with the rogues?" I confirm.

Cameron walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me flush against him. I look up into his gorgeous eyes, falling in love with them all over again. "That's the plan." He says in affirmative. I frown slightly, thinking of Landon going alone into unknown territory. "Relax princess. He won't be alone. He will have some pack warriors with him." He says, having heard my thoughts. I sigh. "Shouldn't we be the ones to go?" I ask. "We are needed here. I have plans to make and I need to organise things. I can't do that while I'm off in another territory." My mate says, leaving me with no other objections. "Besides." He adds, "Landon and the warriors volunteered."

I finally relent, nodding my head slightly. Cameron grins and leaves a sweet kiss on my temple. I'm left with my wolf purring. He lets go of me but captures my hand in his own. "Come on then. We should see them off." He says, pulling me out of the room. When his words register in my mind, my eyes slightly widen. "You didn't tell me they were going today. Going now." I point out, irritated. Before he can respond, Landon himself shows up. He gives us a mock disapproving look. "I can hear you two from a mile away." He exaggerates, causing me to roll my eyes.

We walk into the main entrance and I notice a relatively small suit case sitting by the door. "Is that yours?" I ask Landon. "Yeh, that's mine. Why?" He responds. I look between the bag and Landon. "Are you sure that you packed enough things?" I ask, settling my gaze on him. "It's plenty, don't worry." He assures with a smile.

I nod, still not entirely convinced. "If you say so."

"Where are all the other warriors?" I ask, noticing it was just the three of us there. "They should be here." Landon answers, his eyes moving to all the doorways. As if on cue, multiple pairs of feet are heard. I turn my head to see a total of four warriors. They either held a duffel bag or a suit case similar to Landon's. "Alpha. Luna." They greet us. I offer them a smile. Landon and the four warriors then form a line in front of my mate and I.

"You are to report back to me as soon as you get an affirmative. If the plan fails then you return immediately." Cameron says.

"Yes Alpha." They reply in unison.

"If you get any relevant information, my father and I are to know about it."

"Yes Alpha."

"There is to be no messing around."

"Yes Alpha."

I feel satisfaction through the bond. My eyes then go to Gabriel who just entered with his mate. "I see that you have everything under control." He regards, nodding his head in approval. Cameron just nods. "I guess that'll be it then." Gabriel says and the five start getting ready to leave.

"Gregory Michael Anderson!"

All eyes turn to a middle aged woman who just entered the room. She wore a pair of black pants with a long sleeved grey top. Her light brown hair was tied up in a messy bun and her eyes were clouded over with emotion. She marches over to one of the warriors who eyes were wide with panic. I assumed he was Gregory. He had similar features to the woman. Same colour hair and the same eye colour. He looked a bit younger than me. Maybe eighteen.

"Did you think you could leave without saying goodbye to your mother?" The woman some what shouts. Greg slightly winces, not saying anything. The mother, clearly not surprised, takes Gregory in for a hug. It was a short hug but clearly meant a lot to the pair. She then steps back and straightens up his collar. "Goodbye Greg." She says, her voice slightly trembling.

It was heartbreaking watching this interaction. It felt like we weren't supposed to see it in the first place.

The woman then seems to realise where she is and she looks a bit flustered. I smile, amused at this. "I am so sorry for barging in like that." She apologises, bowing her head slightly. "It is fine, Terry." Gabriel says and Sofie offers her a smile. Terry returns the smile and gives Cameron and I a nod in respect before promptly leaving the room, giving her son one last smile.

She seemed nice.

Landon and the four warriors start picking up their bags, heading over to the entrance. We follow behind and they get into their car, packing all their stuff in the back. Landon is the one driving so he starts the car. Before the car leaves, I hear someone running hastily towards us and I turn around to find Terry. She stands besides us and waves her arms in the air as a fair well, "bye Greg! Be safe! I love you honey." I smile at that and the car honks before leaving.

Moon Goddess, please protect their path.

~*~*~*~*~

Sorry for the small chapter my loves! Hopefully y'all enjoyed it and are just enjoying life in general.

Keep the smile on guys, but make sure it's real! We all prefer the real stuff.

- that one wannabe author