Chapter 1

A/N Just saying, if you're reading this then I love you and thank you so much!

Luke's POV

Whilst being at the NorthShore beach, I find myself lost in a trance about life. I thought about where I would be in 10 years time, what would have changed in my life if I chose different decisions, and what it would feel like to die.

I don't know what suddenly made me curious about the concept of dying, but perhaps it's the sound of waves crashing and loud seagulls flying above the ocean that got me thinking deep. I never really thought much about death, nor do I want to but I guess it's just an interesting subject that leaves me asking questions I don't know the answer to.

I finally snap out of my deep thoughts and start looking around my surroundings. There are kids splashing in the water throwing beach balls around, and I notice many people bathing under the sun. However, someone, in particular, caught my attention. A girl sitting alone with her legs out in front of her, leaning back on her hands. There was something about her that was captivating but I couldn't quite point it out. Perhaps it was her long brunette hair waving around the air, or how I got the perfect sight of her side view.

I caught myself smiling as she relaxed on the warm sand and staring out into the ocean. I was sitting on one of the benches with my close mates, Calum, Ashton and Michael as we tried to find inspiration for our new song.

"Dude, did you hear what I said?" Calum questions whilst jotting a few words on his notebook, breaking me from my thoughts. I turn my head and raise an eyebrow at the boy who I thought was Asian the first time I met him.

"Something about being lost in the ocean?" I respond, sounding more like a question as I wasn't entirely sure of what he was suggesting. Let's just say I was a little distracted.

"Yeah, when you stare into someone's eyes and you find yourself getting lost in them like being lost in the ocean." Calum mused, feeling proud of himself once he said that. I chuckle and shake my head, and surprisingly that did sound pretty good. In all honesty, Calum has a more of a creative mind than the three of us combined. And by the looks of it, it was a great idea that we decided on going to the beach to get inspired after all.

I then take the guitar from Ashton, earning a whine from him in the process. "Ashton, stick to the drums." I laughed knowing that Ashton hates it when we assume he can't play the guitar. He can play a little, but he's better at the drums.

"Don't be rude, Hemmings," he retorts before looking at Michael who was scrolling through his phone the entire time. "And why are you so anti-social?"

Sighing, Michael looks up from his phone. "Because I don't like the beach," he responds with a shrug, receiving a loud gasp from Ashton.

Ashton scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Are you crazy? The beach is so relaxing." I can't help but laugh in amusement as I strum the C chord on the guitar.

I turn my head back to the girl I did not know the name of and now she has taken off the white oversized shirt she was wearing, leaving her in her pink bikini. I think the boys noticed me staring at the girl because of my ridiculous smile that I couldn't seem to wipe off my face. Ashton then nudges me and started to wiggle his eyebrows with a goofy smile. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away.

"Stop admiring her from afar and go talk to her." Michael practically shoves me off of the bench, causing all the boys to laugh at me. I blush at the thought of talking to her and then attempted to sit back down on the bench only for Michael to point a finger at me and then move it to where the girl is.

I groan, knowing that I couldn't get out of this. I turn around on my heels and instantly spot the girl who is still in the same position. Nervously, I walk slowly towards her, feeling the warm sand in between my toes. I was getting really close and now I'm standing right behind her. I look back to the boys and they're all watching me. Why am I doing this again?