Chapter 4

Luke's POV

After driving my mum's car to the mall that was closest from my place, we stopped by Apple to replace Katie's cracked phone screen. When she asked how much it was, the Apple employee stated that it would be $130, and could be paid later after repair which only takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Once the number "130" came out of his mouth, Katie's eyes widened and her jaw slightly dropped, causing my mouth to curve into a smile.

She then gave me a look that said, "Are you sure about this?" I responded by laughing and nodding to the employee before handing him the damaged phone. I also mentioned that we'll come back later to pick up Katie's phone instead of waiting around.

So now that brings us here to the food court where Katie ordered Chinese from Panda Express and me buying pizza from some random pizza place. We are currently sitting down at a table across from each other while we talk and eat our food.

"Are you going to be able to finish that?" She questions, lifting an eyebrow while she picks up noodles with the chopstick - which I don't know how to use.

I took a bite of my slice of pizza and quickly swallow it down my throat. My eyebrows rose and I respond playfully, "Yes, we have a connection." Talking about pizza made me remember my last conversation with Michael; we're practically the same and now that I think of it, I don't even know why I questioned his love for pizza. "Now I feel like I'm obsessed with pizza - I mean, addicted? - I don't know, both I think."

She laughed in amusement and takes a sip from her soda before saying, "Hmm, I challenge you to finish that, like all of it."

"And what if I do?"

She rubbed her chin, "We'll give 5 dollars to whoever is right."

"Okay, deal," I shrug, eating my fourth slice.

"This is going to be so easy," she laughs, shaking her head. "There are eight pieces, that's like impossible." She pointedly looks down at the four slices of pizza I have left to eat and crinkles her nose.

"I don't know if you've heard this before, but nothing is ever impossible," I state, smirking and taking another bite of my fourth slice. I'm getting pretty full, but there's no way I'm going to admit that to her. Five dollars, may I just say. "Things that are theoretically impossible only means you haven't found the solution yet."

She takes a long sip of her drink, gaping at me with squinted eyes. "That sounds too smart."

I bite my bottom lip to try and stop the laugh that erupted from my mouth, causing some people to turn their heads at us. Katie's cheeks turned pink and slapped my shoulder, before telling me to shut up. "It was a quote from facebook that I happened to come across."

"And you remembered every single word from it?"

"I don't know, it caught my attention," I shrug, picking up the fifth slice of pizza. "I got inspired."

"Inspired to do what?" She laughs, picking up a serviette and gently wiping around her mouth.

"I don't know, to make a song?" I laugh and she lifts an eyebrow.

"You sing?"

"Kinda," I shrug.

"So did you make a song based on pizza?" She giggles and tilts her head to the side before adding, "Or that nothing is impossible."

I scratch my nose and gape at her amused expression, "I didn't, but my friend Michael made a song about pizza." (A/N preach the pizza song!! HAHA okay I'm done)

"He did?" Katie snorted, covering her mouth with her left hand. I nod and laugh along with her as I think about how weird Michael really is. "I need to see this guy, honestly."