Faded [Koganegawa Kanji x Reader]

Part Four of the Pretty Setter Series
Fandom: Haikyuu!!

Life was going pretty well for you now. You were attending Date Tech High as a first year. Your grades were high, you had a large group of friends, and not to mention, a boyfriend.

He was taller than an normal, average Japanese person. He was also tanner than most of the students and had blonde hair with a few black streaks at the front of his head, which made him look like the yellow bird from Angry Birds. But you loved him anyways.

He was very energetic and happy, but was clumsy at times. He liked to bring you to places during the weekends and made sure that you had fun. He wasn't as studious as you were, so you helped him study in many subjects, especially Math. But all in all, he was very caring. He loved sports, especially volleyball.

His name was Koganegawa Kanji.

You were walking down the steps of your school, making your way to the cafeteria get some lunch. You had stayed back to do a test since you weren't at school yesterday.

As you turned to go down the last flight of stairs, you slipped on a small, unnoticeable puddle of water and started to tumble down the steps.

You tried to regain balance and as a result of your arms flailing around, you landed head-first onto the ground. You could also be described as a little clumsy. Well, maybe not just a little.

You pushed yourself up to your knees with your weak arms as black spots danced before your eyes. As you stared at the ground, there was a splatter of crimson blood. You panicked, and your voice failed to allow you to speak or scream. Your sight became blurry, and your hearing became muffled. You could hardly keep your eyes open.

It was almost as fate was punishing you for having such a good life.

You heard footsteps running towards you and a faint but familiar voice calling your name.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Can you hear me?"

You squinted and saw a blonde figure rushing over to you. It was Koganegawa. You managed a tiny smile and nod.

"Quick, call the hospital!"

"I'm on it!"

"I'll stay with her!"

It wasn't long until you couldn't hold on to consciousness any longer, and you collapsed into a pool of your own blood.

******

Koganegawa picked your limp body up with his strong arms. Tears were already forming in his eyes, threatening to fall any minute.

He checked your pulse, and was immediately relieved when he learned that you were still alive and breathing, but unconscious.

"What do we do now?" He asked one of the teachers.

"Don't worry. We'll just wait until the ambulance arrives," she replied.

Koganegawa bit his lip, wishing for it to arrive as quick as possible.

He kneeled down and set you on the floor. He grabbed a tissue from his pocket and began to wipe the remaining of the blood on your forehead.

The ambulance arrived shortly. Koganegawa carried you over to the mattress and the nurses wheeled you into the vehicle.

"All right, everyone. (Y/n) will be fine. Now get back to your classes, all of you," the principal announced.

"But...!" Your boyfriend began to protest.

"No buts! Everyone go back to class, now. You can all visit (y/n) after school."