Chapter 2. Jaw-dropping

'Ginny! Are you alright?' Hermione asked. The redhead nodded. 'Malfoy's worse.' She muttered. 'Who cares about that dim witted blondie?' Ron shrugged.
'Weasel, I'm right beside you.' Draco said, in a bed beside Ginny. 'Ferret, I didn't see you.' Ron retorted, then turned back to his sister.
A tawny owl fluttered into the room and landed on Harry's shoulder. 'Hey!' Harry untied a letter from the owl's leg. It let out an exasperated hoot and flew away again. Harry sighed. 'It seems like McGonagall wants me in her office now.'
'You'd better go. I'll see to Ginny.' Ron said. 'I'll be right back.' Harry whispered to his girlfriend. Ginny blushed slightly, a tinge of pink in her cheeks.
'Ah! Mr. Weasley, Ms. Granger, come to see?' Madam Pomfrey shuffled over. Hermione nodded. 'Well, I've got a lot of patients today. Mr. Weasley, you can tend to your sister, no?' She asked, bustling around with bandages and ointments.
'Yeah...if she doesn't scold me to death.' Ron replied, earning a glare from his sister.
'Thank you. Just make sure that she sleeps on her back, since one of her ribs is fractured. Ms. Granger, do help with Mr. Malfoy. Put these bandages on, and too make sure he sleeps on his back and not the side. Also, stay for the night, dear.' Madam Pomfrey handed a handful of white bandages to Hermione and bustled away, muttering, 'Quidditch these days......'
'But-but-' Hermione stuttered, looking at the blond boy. 'I'll take my sister, thank you.' Ron closed the bed curtain around his sister and him to avoid Hermione and Draco.

--

'So...' Hermione sighed. 'Bandage.' Draco smirked. 'I was forced to do this.' Hermione unrolled the bandage. 'Where is it?'
'Here.' Draco pointed to his torso.
'Oh god.' Hermione closed her eyes.
'You can't defy a professor's orders, Granger.'
Draco heaved himself up, taking off his shirt. 'No, no no no no not yet!' Hermione spun around as the shirt landed on her head, smelling of peppermint and Draco.
'Like what you see, Granger?' Draco smirked again. 'No! I was forced to do this, Malfoy.' Hermione cringed as she wrapped the ointment-covered bandage around his torso.
'Shirt! On! Now!' She ordered as she finished.
'I know you liked it.' Draco said slyly.
'And I have to stay for the night, just because of you!' Hermione slapped his bedside table, sending a cup of water flying.
'Whoa!' She flapped her arms as she slipped.
A strong arm grabbed her waist and stopped her fall. Hermione looked up, a red hue marching through her cheeks.
'Be careful, Hermione. I can't have a sick nurse caring for a sick patient like mwah.' Draco smirked. 'Thanks. Wait-did you call me Hermione?' The brunette asked Draco.
'It is your name, isn't it?' The blond replied.
Hermione stared at him, her chocolate eyes melting into his grey misty ones.
Their silent staring was interrupted by Ron screaming like a twelve-year old.
'Ron!' Hermione flung his curtain open.
'The bloody patient almost burned my skin!' He hid behind Hermione. Ginny smirked, hiding her wand beneath her pillow.
'Come on, Weasel. A bit of burning wouldn't hurt to accentuate your already flaming hair.' Draco made a snide remark.
'FERRET!' Ron glared at him.
'Will there be yelling and screaming in the ward every second?' Madam Pomfrey stomped over. Ginny pretended to be asleep. 'Oh, Ms. Granger, dear, please do me a favour and take care of Malfoy for a few more days? His injuries are worse than Ms. Weasley's.'
'Few more days? How much exact?' Hermione asked, screaming internally.
'Well...two weeks, dear.'
Hermione had to breathe hard into a plastic bag before nodding and turning a shade of magenta.
'You're stuck with me.' Draco smirked.
'It's going to be hard, being with that ferret.' Ron said, then went to close the curtain again.

--

'I'm bored, Granger.' Draco sniffed. 'Go play with your own reflection, then.' Hermione didn't look up from her Hogwarts: A History.
'How many times have you read that bloody book?'
'Well... three times a month... I've been stuck with it for three years...so a hundred and eight times.' Hermione smiled fairly, then buried her nose into the book.
'Bloody bookworm.' Draco muttered. 'What did you say?' Hermione asked sweetly.
'Nothing.' Draco mumbled.
'I heard bloody bookworm.' Hermione sing-songed, getting a donut from her bag.
'Give me that. I'm starving.' Draco reached for the donut.
'Mmm, perfectly made. Delicious drizzle of chocolate, great.' Hermione wafted the donut in front of Draco's face. 'Granger.' He glared at her. Hermione took a big bite out of it, making sounds of pleasure. 'Granger!' Draco rolled up his fists. 'Oh, you want to hit me? Then you'll have to stay in the infirmary for a month.' Hermione chewed. Draco grumbled and pouted.
'Fine. Here, have an apple.' Hermione said, handing a green apple to the fuming Malfoy. 'There's a difference between Apple and Donut, Granger.' Draco grabbed the fruit from her hand and rolled his eyes at her.
'Why can't you go back to your Malfoy Manor?' Hermione asked.
'Father.' Draco mumbled, looking away.
'Why can't you go back to your muggle...what was that, pentists? They fix people's noses, right?'
'I can't. I obliviated them and sent them to Australia for a better life. And...I don't have relatives there, anyway.'
'DRACO! WHERE'S MY SWEETIE PIE POO?' A voice outside shrieked. 'Your girlfriend's here to see you.' Hermione turned away from Draco, burying into her book once more.
Pansy whisked the curtain open and started patting Draco's face.
'Pansy...' Draco mumbled between pats.
'Are you okay? I was so scared!' Pansy cooed. 'Actually...you were screaming for strawberry parfait the whole way here.' Blaise Zabini appeared around the curtain. Pansy flashed him a death glare.
'What's that Mudblood doing here!' She screeched.
Hermione flushed a bright red.
'She's not a Mudblood. She's my...girlfriend.' Draco said firmly. Hermione dropped her book. Pansy dropped her hand.
'Girlfriend?' The both of them asked. Hermione was petrified, Pansy was horrified.
'Did you call me not a Mud-' Hermione asked, then got cut off by Draco lightly smooching her cheek. She turned a striking scarlet.
'DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY YOU JERK!' Pansy screamed, then flounced away with Blaise following like a scared raccoon.
Ron and Ginny were watching the whole scene. 'Malfoy!' Ron exclaimed. 'Weasley.' Draco mimicked, then closed the curtain, leaving everyone in shock.

--

Hi ! Is it getting interesting? I wish I could do a cliffhanger though, that would be so cool! I dunno if any of you will vote. Anyhoo, just read on, lovelies, continue your reading. HAPPY NEW 2017!

xoxo 🐈