two

I wish you all a happy new year!

So much has happened this year and some things I still can't believe, but I'm glad that you always stayed by my side and helped me in my darkest time.

Thank you!

[goal: 25 votes and 15 comments]

Louis shook his head. Age play? He had never heard of that before.

So the doctor began to explain: "Age Play is when a person acts or behaves in a manner that isn't their biological age, they often act younger than they really are. There are also two different types of Age Play. Regression and Non-Regression. Regression means that the person needs to be regressed to a younger age or "little space". Regression means that the mind of the person has to go back to a younger age and when this happens then the age player doesn't think like a grown up, but only like the age they were reverted to. Non-Regression means that the person is always in the younger mind and doesn't need to be regressed. The person can change into different ages, there Littles, Middles or Teens."

"And Niall is what?" "Mr. Horan seems to be a regression age player, who choose to be a little in his mind space, meaning he needs someone to feed him and to change his nappies and someone who just looks after him all the time. But he can also get back into his normal age, when he needs to, but every time something bad happens to him he will regress to being a little. You just need him to ask to become an adult again and if he is relaxed enough, he will come out of his headspace."

Louis nodded, but gulped. He knew that Liam couldn't do it, so he had to begin again with his search. And what was even worse, he had to explain all of this to Liam.  "I know this is a lot to take in, but if there are any questions, you can always come to me and just ask, okay?" Louis nodded and thanked the doctor, before bidding him farewell. When the doctor had left, Louis moved over to the blond boy again and smiled at him lightly. "Hey Niall", he said. " Momma?" "Niall, can you please come out of your headspace please? I need to talk to you about something very important okay?" Niall looked at him with a frown, before his facial expression became more relaxed. "Yes?" he asked and sounded much more mature than before and Louis knew, that the boy was his normal age now.

"Do you remember what happened?" "I-I remember my mother being herself, until she suddenly poured something over me and then getting a lighter. After that everything is blank. I can't remember anything else. But where is she now?" Louis sighed sadly. "She's in prison right now. What she did was wrong and she hurt you really badly. You can't go back to her, but I have a really nice friend who would look after you, if you're okay with that? If you want, I can call him and you can meet him okay? I will explain your situation to him and he won't care if you're an adult or a little if he comes over okay? Just be yourself okay?" "Okay, but can I sleep first? I'm quite tired." Niall said and sleepily rubbed his not-bandaged eye. Louis cringed, not sure if Niall knew about having lost his eye-sight in his left eye, since it was still bandaged up.

"Of course. I will call him and he will come over when he has time, but until then go to sleep, Niall. You need the rest." "Goodnight", Niall said and closed his eye and immediately fell asleep, making Louis smile lightly. He then got his phone out and called Liam. When the other man answered, Louis said: "Hey Liam, about Niall. Could you come to the hospital?  I need to explain something to you, before you decide to take him in. The doctor told me something really important and I think you need to know about it, because it will change a lot. Are you free?" "Of course, I will be over in half an hour if it's okay?" "Okay, until then Liam." Louis said and hung up, after Liam had said his goodbye as well.

Like Liam had said, he was there 30 minutes later and was asking one of the nurses for Niall's room and when he reached the door, he knocked and only came in when Louis opened the door for him. He saw a small boy laying in the bed and he gulped. Even without knowing the boy he felt more than bad for him.

Louis gestured for him to come nearer to the bed and he did. "So Liam, this here is Niall. We will let him stay asleep, until I have explained everything to you, okay?" Liam nodded and Louis took a deep breath.

"This is quite a lot to take in, but with all the things Niall has lived through he searched for a coping mechanism and he found something called age play or regression."

Liam looked at Louis confused, because he had heard of age play before. "You mean, he acts like a small child every time he feels cornered or afraid?" Louis gaped at him. "Exactly, but how do you know?" Liam blushed a bit. "Well, you remember Sophia?" Louis nodded. "Well, she was into this thing, but more on a sexual basis, so it's in a way the some but also something completely different to what Niall likes."

"Of course it's different! He really just needs somebody who looks after him. When he will be feeling save he will be his normal age, but like you said, every time he feels afraid he will regress to being a little." "So you mean, he is going to be a baby most of the time?" Louis nodded and sighed. "I can understand, if you don't want to take him in, because he will take even more care then what we first thought, but I'm sure I can find someone else, if you really don't want to take him in."

Liam just shook his head. "I'm still going to take him in, no matter what. Here are the papers." He got them from his jacket and then said.

"When can I meet him?"