three

This is a bit shorter then normally, but I just wanted to update for you guys! I completely forgot about this story, so I'm really sorry for not updating in like 3 months.

But thankfully I only have two more weeks of school, before my finals begin in May. Afterwards I will have way more time to update again!

[Goal: 20 votes and 10 comments]

"Let him rest a bit more, than when he wakes up, you can meet him? If that's alright with you?" Louis said and gnawed at his lip a bit, but Liam only nodded and asked: "Can I stay here or should I leave and you call me again, when he's awake?"

Louis shook his head: "Just wait here, I don't have anything else to do, so we can wait here together." Liam nodded again and while they were waiting at the sitting area, Louis informed Liam a bit more. "So, as you know, he's in a headspace, which also means, that he can't hold his bladder and bowel, which means that he has to use nappies and he needs to be fed with a bottle, because in his head space he is only a few years old, but we don't know which age he is exactly when he is in headspace yet. So, we also don't know if he can eat anything else, like solid food, but we will find out soon." Louis kept explaining things, when they heard a rustle and they both looked over to the hospital bed, where Niall was slowly blinking his eye open.

"Hey Nialler", Louis said softly and walked over to the hospital bed and crouched down beside it. "Hullo", Niall mumbled and when his eye caught sight of Liam, he shrunk a bit into himself. Louis followed his gaze and smiled. "That's Liam, he's my best friend and he offered to take you in, after everything that has happened." Niall studied him thoroughly before gesturing to Liam to come closer. Said man came closer and crouched down beside Louis and was immediately poked into his cheek from the young boy. "You new daddee?" He asked, making both men smile.

"If you want me to be, then yes." Liam said and both held their breath, until Niall smiled and nodded. "New daddee." Liam smiled softly at him and softly stroke the younger boys arm, where he was not bandaged up due to his heavy burns. Niall's smile was softly fading and he went back to sleep.

Both men were quite happy, that Niall had accepted Liam without trouble, because otherwise there would have been a big problem. Louis was still astonished about the fact that Liam still wanted to take Niall in, despite the circumstances and he was once again reminded why he was best friends with the kind-hearted puppy-eyed men.

When they heard Niall softly snoring, Louis called the doctor again, so that the doctor could explain the situation and the medical treatment to Liam. After they were informed, the doctor said, that it would take about two more weeks, until Niall could be released, because they still had to run a few check-ups and they wanted to make sure, none of the burns got infected, because that would mean that Niall would have go back to the hospital and the doctor wanted to change as little things as possible, after the boy was in Liam's care.

After Liam was thoroughly informed, he went home for the day and began preparing everything for the arrival of Niall. He ordered a crib and nappies, paint and other thing online, so that he could renovate a guest room for Niall.

So, in the following two weeks he completely renovated a room, painting the walls a light blue, like the shade of Niall's eyes and put up the crib and changing table, alongside with a box where he kept many toys hidden, for when Niall would be healthy enough to play again.

When the two weeks were over and Liam got the call that Niall could be released he was over the moon and immediately drove to the hospital. There he had to sign Niall's releasing papers, along with Louis, because he was still the social worker of Niall.

Afterwards, Louis drove back to Liam's house as well, so that he could help Liam a bit more, especially with showing him how to change nappies, etc., because even though Liam had experienced age play with Sophia, this was something completely different, meaning that he had to be way more carefully, especially with Niall's wounds.

Louis had enough experience with how to change nappies, because of his sisters and brother, where he had helped his mum often with.

After they had changed Niall's nappies and had put him down to sleep, the two men decided to watch a movie. They decided on Toy Story, because it was Liam's favourite movie and he hadn't watched it in a while. And because the wanted a child-friendly movie in case Niall woke up and had to join them. They were nearly halfway through the first movie, when they heard Niall's soft cries and Liam jumped up immediately and rushed to the room. He got Niall out of the crib and the boy clung to his body, while soft whines escaped his lips.

Liam moved with him to the living room, where he saw, that Louis had already gotten a warm bottle of milk. Liam said down on the couch and began to feed Niall, who was softly sucking on the bottle. When they bottle was empty, you could see how Niall was snuggling into Liam even more. The man put down the bottle and burped the boy over his shoulder, grateful for the towel Louis had gotten him. When Niall had finished, Liam put him back into his crib, before walking back to Louis, who was smiling at him brightly.

"I'm so glad you decided to take him in, with you I don't need to worry about him getting harmed again. You're such a great daddee."

Liam blushed bright red. "Shut up, Louis."

"Just saying."