Callie

"A plain desert with nothing to offer can be so much." She said from a dead tree nearby.
Storm was startled. "Hey! Who are you?" She jumped back.
In the tree sat a girl with black hair and blue eyes and glasses. She wore a nice jacket with dress pants. She laughed. "I don't exactly know." She giggled. "That's the exciting thing about it, isn't it?"
Storm just stared.
"Oh oh! Do you see this small black crevasse? It's intriguing. I think, I should cross it."
"No I think not!" Storm screamed and lightning hit the crevasse.
"Oh...my apologies, but why?"
"Well I'm a persona, so maybe you are too. Maybe we have segments we have to stay in." Storm suggested.
"Persona. My my my, if I am a persona, my life job is to write a story! We could work together-"
"No we're not the only ones."
"We're not? Then let us meet the others!"
"Later on. You need to figure out what you do. And what's with the British accent?" Storm was annoyed.
"Hey! Don't make fun of the way I talk, I happen to love it."
A black pen appeared in the girl's hand. It had bronze swirls on it. A small book plopped onto her lap and she opened it to find hundreds of papers with different writings, but it stopped at one specific page.
"Hmm it's blank." She said.
"Yah you have to use your powers to see what it is." Storm looked at her like she was stupid.
"A lot of things can be done with a blank paper..." Began the girl. "Anything can be written down and recorded."

You find it difficult,
To make the perfect story.
But you are blessed, you are gifted.
Take this, please have wisdom.
She is no more than a troubled girl,
Help her find herself.
She's struggling with too much to hold,
Through writing she may yet be,
Redeemed.
-Tricia Lynn Cain

"No way!" The girl screamed.
"What?" asked Storm, annoyed.
"I began a narration, and a poem appeared on the paper, describing my purpose." she said braggingly.
"Yes I got the same, now shut it!"
"Alright then." The girl rambled on and on to herself then stopped in her tracks. "Callie" she whispered.
"Oh my gosh, what is it now?" yelled Storm. Lightning buzzed at her fingertips.
"Will you relax??? I said, Callie. That's my name. This pen does calligraphy font, so why not Callie?"
"You're stupid." Storm walked away.

Callie climbed up her tree and looked out at her barren segment, then down at the blank paper. This was where she noticed the correlation.
A desolate land sits among a delicate creature's mind. This blank slate, this first state, could make anything. Out of the dry ground, a puddle of water leaks through the cracks. The young girl begins to create a world in her head unlike any other. The greenest trees sprout up from the ground growing higher and higher. Grass falls like a blanket onto the land, filled with flowers and the sun shines boldly down upon it all. The girl however, no longer walks on two feet, with hair trailing down her back. Instead she is a lioness, ruling the prosperous land before her...
Callie's mind flourished with descriptions, until a buzzing overhead stopped her focus. She looked up, and saw a tree covered in green, and a small beehive hanging from the branch. Out to the world around her, was the land she had just created in her story.
"I love this job." She smiled.