Chapter 4

"Yo, Rick, go tell whoever runs this place we have somethin' for them. I'll get the mutt." said Tommy.

Rick rolled his eyes and walked over to the gate.

After Rick had talked to the gatekeeper, Lily was taken into one of the buildings. She was patched up by one of the vets that worked there for the wild animals.

This vet was a women who went by the name, Ms. L. She was the only kind vet there. Rick and Tommy had left with some money from the place.

"Hello there. Don't be scared. I'm gonna heal you up and help you get back to your home," said Ms. L to Lily.

Lily could barely move. She had lost a lot of blood. Her bullet wound was stitched up and bandaged. Lily just wanted to sleep, she wanted to get back to her pack, she wanted to get back to her mate, to her friends. Lily couldn't bare the thought of being away from her pack too long.

"You need to rest....... You have family... don't you? Is it your pack?" asked Ms. L, " I'll help you get back to them, but for now..... you need to rest. You lost alot of blood, I know those men that brought you in had shot you... hadn't they?"

Lily slowly nodded her head with as much strength as she could manage. Lily was drifting off to sleep, Ms. L picked her up and put Lily into a cage. Lily was given a warm blanket as well. Ms. L stayed by the cage to watch over Lily.

"Don't worry baby girl.... I'll get you out of this horrible place as soon as I can..... you just need to rest for now", said Ms. L quietly so she wouldn't wake up Lily.

The next morning, Ms. L decided to take a look at Lily's stitches.

"Your stitches seem to be doing great. You'll be out of here in no time", said Ms. L with a smile.

Lily wagged her tail, she had just heard the words she'd been waiting to hear. She couldn't wait to get back to her pack.

"By the looks of it, you might be healed it a couple of weeks", said Ms. L.

Lily got so happy, she almost jumped off the metal table she had been standing on. Ms. L pet Lily on the head and scratched behind Lily's ear. Lily liked this.

"I can't wait till I can see my pack again", thought Lily.

A couple of weeks went by quickly  and Lily's stitches were completely healed. Lily was ready to leave. Ms. L could finally set Lily free.

When it was around mid-night, Ms. L came to Lily's cage to get her.

"Ready to go?", asked Ms. L.

Lily nodded and a slight glow of blue could be seen in her eyes.

Ms. L opened Lily's cage and snuck Lily to the front door, avoiding any security cameras. Once they reached the front door, a glowing streak of blue appeared on her back, running in the shape of her spin. The streak of glowing blue ran from the back of her neck, all the way to the tip of her tail.

Ms. L stared in awe and amazment. Suddenly, all of the security cameras broke. A couple more glowing blue streaks appeared on Lily's fur. Lily and Ms. L ran out of the building and towards Ms. L's car. Ms. L opened the door and Lily hopped in.

Ms. L drove around till she reached the biggest forest in the town, it was the home of Lily. Ms. L knew this was the correct place because as they drove closer to the forest, Lily glew brighter.

Ms. L parked her car infront of the forest, got out, and opened the door for Lily.

"Well, this is it. I had fun taking care of you girl. Now, run back to your pack, your family", said Ms. L as she got eye level with Lily.

Lily placed her forehead against Ms. L's. A flash of blue light appeared and Ms. L had a glowing, blue wolf print on her left shoulder.

Lily jumped out the car and ran into the forest.

"Thank you Ms. L..... thank you for everything", thought Lily. Ms. L could hear what Lily was thinking and thought the glowing print was a form of communication, it was.

Lily ran fast back to her pack den. She couldn't stop thinking about getting back to her pack. Lily ran so fast, she looked like a blue light.

Lily stopped when she had gotten to her pack. Her tail wagged. She then noticed something was off. Her pack dens were....... destroyed... well, at least a few of them were. Lily walked to her den slowly when she heard sobbing. She walked to the opening of her den and seen her mate crying.

"....... L-Leo? A-are you ok?", asked Lily.

Leo quickly turned around and stared at Lily.

"LILY! YOUR BACK", cried Leo as he tackled Lily.

The whole pack heard this and ran to see Lily was back.

"Lily! Your finally back! We've missed you so much!", cried everyone. They all gathered around Lily and Leo in the den.

"Lily what happened while I was gone?", asked Lily.

"Well, a couple of our members tried to fight us. They tried to claim place as alpha, but Leo.......... he killed them", said Venom.

Lily looked at Leo as he moved away.

"Lily, I have a good reason as to why I did. They tried to replace you. I couldn't let them do that", said Leo.

"It's ok..... but killing is wrong..... you should have just bannished them", said Lily.

Leo looked down, then back at Lily and the pack.

"Our alpha female is back", said Leo with a smile.