Three

3

"So y'all going out again?" India asked, as though I hadn't just took the past five minutes to explain to her about our previous disaster date and how I reluctantly agreed to another. Plus I'm currently shattering through my closet for something presentable, so she knew the answer to her idiotic question. India may be one of my best friends but sometimes the things that come out of her month make me question her intelligence.

"Yea. Is something wrong with that?" I questioned holding up a dress for approval. She shook her head disapproving it. This had to be the fifteen dress that got a thumbs down. That's excluding the other 10 outfits that she gave a no to. India's always been the one with fashion sense so I always came to her when I was having a fashion crisis.

"No. I thought y'all had that argument the other night." She pointed out. Again, another statement that made me question her intellect.

"Yea and I already explained that-"

"It was stupid." She finished." I know you told me. But the way you explained the situation, it sounded pretty bad and-"

"India just spit it out already. Whatever you have to say just say it." I snapped.

"It's just that, what about Jay? You know he'd flip if he knew you were going on dates with your ex." She stated. India always seemed to bring Jay into anything I did that was a bad decision. Him always being her key argument, continuously telling me that he wouldn't approve.

"It's not a date."

"If it wasn't a date you wouldn't be getting dressed up. Does he know about Liane yet?" She questioned.

"No." I replied, nonchalantly.

"Are you ever gonna tell him? I think he deserves to know."

" I changed our meeting to chucky cheese so I can take her with me since I don't have a babysitter. But why should he know, she has nothing to do with him."

"I'm not even gonna argue with you about that because you already know damn well he does. Did you tell him about you having a man?"

"He saw Jay at the club with me so im pretty sure he knows."

"You don't think that bringing him back into your life won't cause more problems. Your already constantly fighting with Jay, you know the doctor said you can't keep stressin or you'll keep having them damn panic attacks. You shouldn't be messin with that nigga."

"Weren't you the one just telling me about how I should talk to him, now you gon turn around and say I shouldn't be messin with Chris. How about you worry about your damn self."

"I wasn't trying to upset you. I'm sorry. You know I only want what's best for you." She apologized. Me being the stubborn human being I am still kept an attitude directed towards her regardless of her apology. "Here, where this." She continuing showing her sorriness by pulling out a dress from the closet. Followed by a pair of shoes. I gave her a sly look, yet I knew her decision was better than one I could've made. I snatched the close from her hands, going into the bathroom to change.

After getting dressed, I emerged from the bathroom showing off how I looked in the dress. No longer upset, I gave India a look, which asked if I looked okay. Her large smile gave me conformation that it was. "Mommy, I'm dressed." Liane sang as she skipped into the my room. "Aunty Indie helped me. Am I cute or naw?" She asked, placing a hand on both hips.

"What have you been teaching my child?" I asked India, who was hysterically laughing at Liane.

"She been teaching me how to be a boss a-"