| Six |

~ Mustang's POV ~~~>

The Führer? Working with these so called enemies?! "Let's not get hasty," I growl, facial muscles tense. "That's a bold claim there, Fullmetal. Sure you don't want to retract it?"

Proclaiming himself to be the enemy of the king of Amestris is not the brightest idea Fullmetal has come up with. He must not be thinking straight- the situation must have overcome him.

However, his golden eyes stay determined and trained on the scene before them. "I've made up my mind, and I'm not going back."

Our reactions are varied. The woman known as 'Lust'- which I may grudgingly add, is a quite fitting name- looks intrigued, amused. 'Envy' appears gleefully interested.

The Lieutenant beside me bears the same expression as I. Alphonse is, well...

Alphonse.

And the mysterious, fair girl whom I've never seen before has fire dancing in her eyes, and her mouth is pressed in a thin, straight line.

"My, my. What a twist." Lust's smile, disguised as sweet, is truly sickly and menacing. "I don't suppose any of our excuses would change your accusation?"

Judging from Edward's silence and his fixed gaze, we all take that as correct.

"Fullmetal," I say, seething slightly, "you have a lot to fill us in on." With that, I roll up my sleeves slightly and expose my ignition gloves. "For the time being, I will trust your judgement because it appears they are truly enemies."

The First Lieutenant pulls her pistol from its holster and takes aim, giving me a sidelong glance as to reassure me that she is here to back me up. Alphonse in turn claps and readies a transmutation, while Fullmetal stands attentively.

"So you believe you stand a chance against three alchemists and a sharpshooter?" Riza mutters, and Envy cackles.

"Precisely so, Hawkeye! Weren't you told we are the Homunculi?!" Envy laughs even harder, and Lust charges right at Edward's friend, spears extended at everyone else.

"Not so fast!" Alphonse moves to break all the talons, while the lieutenant shoots three times at the woman's head. Both Fullmetal and I move in front of the girl- he cuts away, and I snap, sending a spark at the homunculus.

Lust backs off.

The girl clenches her fists in anticipation, unnerved. Whether or not she has ties to the Elric brothers, she is still a civilian, and should not be present in such a dangerous situation.

Our priority should be to evacuate her from the fight.

~ Your POV ~~~>

It is regrettable to admit that fear is present. The sudden attack that Lust launched... if not for Ed and the man from Amestris' military, I would already be-

"Lieutenant! Please take this one to cover, and support us from afar." The man's order is issued sharply and without hesitation. The Lieutenant immediately nods and takes my arm.

"Hold on!" I protest, holding my place firmly. "I can't just up and leave Ed and Al again."

If I leave, the Homunculi will only be in more of a hurry to get rid of them. In seeing my desperation, Hawkeye gives a gentle smile.