Chapter Seven

Kellin’s POV

When Raelyn left my bus, a big part of me was confused. I wasn’t sure if I heard her right, but there was a jerk in my chest, telling me to go after her. So, like an idiot, I quickly got dressed and rushed out of my bus in search of someone, anyone. I walked around the venue mildly frantic. I knew that I was being stupid. I told her that I needed to keep my distance, and what was I doing? I was running around trying to find Max or Spencer, or even Oliver, in hopes that I can still do something to save her.

I was stopped a few times by a couple of fans for pictures or an autograph. As soon as they walked away, I hurried on. Eventually, I found Max standing beside Pierce the Veil underneath their tent where they were doing a signing. I waved to a few of the fans in line who said my name but turned serious as I put my mouth to Max’s ear. “I think Raelyn’s in trouble.”

Max rolled her eyes. “It wouldn’t surprise me. She’s been a handful of trouble today. And quite honestly, I really don’t want to deal with her shit for the rest of the day.”

I back away and looked at her. “Are you serious? I thought she was your best friend?”

“She is, but after her little stunt this morning, I’m done, at least for a while.” She turned away from me but I yanked her back by her shoulder.

“She came to my bus earlier and she said ‘Maybe one day soon, no one will have to deal with me anymore.’” I looked into Max’s green eyes and saw them grow wide with panic. She quickly tells Vic she’ll see him later and leaves him with a kiss on the cheek. He gives her a confused look but we rush off together before he can ask anything.

Max is practically running back to the bus while also calling her brother, telling him to meet her at the bus. As the bus comes into view, we run faster and Max pulls the door open. “Rae?” She screams out to the seemingly empty bus. Spencer runs in with Ash and Jasper on his tail.

“Where is she?” He asks, out of breath.

Before anyone can answer, a loud crash comes from the back lounge, followed by a scream. We rush to the door together and throw it open. Raelyn is curled in the fetal position in the far corner and a lot of little white pills cover the floor, along with a broken picture frame.

I force myself to stay in the doorway as her friends rush toward her. They’re talking to her but Raelyn doesn’t speak. She only stares at them with tears running down her face, pulling her black eyeliner and mascara with them. “How did you even know?” She asks quietly. Then her eyes find mine and her blue eyes grow angry. “You? Why would you tell them anything?” She gets to her feet and yells at me. “You had no right to tell them!”

“Rae, I was worried. You were talking crazy. What was I supposed to do?”

“Let me die!” She screams at the top of her lungs. “You were supposed to just let me die.” She starts crying harder and her legs start to give out.

I can’t help myself and start to move toward her. I manage to pull her into my chest for a second before she shoves me away and runs out the door. We all watch her retreat and watch her stop in the open doorway, staring at something, or rather someone.

“What’s the matter, love?” A British voice asks her. A second later, Raelyn jumps down and I know he’s holding her, comforting her. The way I was supposed to.

Shoving my hands in my pockets, I walk through the bus. At the door, I see Oli holding my girl tightly against his chest as she cries to him. He runs his hand over her hair and whispers comforting words to her. I look at them for a second too long, and Oli looks up to see me standing in the doorway. He offers me a sympathetic smile.

I look away and continue to walk back to my bus. It wasn’t the first time Oliver got the girl that was mine.

A/N: I know, this is depressingly short but I'm working on Eight right now. Thanks for being so patient :)