The Kiss

~CHAPTER 19~

I knocked on the door of Naruto's house. I had a bouquet of roses in my hands, behind my back. I heard how Sasuke left, and I felt terribly bad for Naruto. "Naruto? You home?" I shouted as I knocked again.

"Hey Hoshiko..." Naruto said sounding very depressed. his voice wounded cracked and choked out. his eyes were kinda red and puffy, and his skin looked a bit paler then it usually was. His cheeks also looked damp.

"I... I heard about Sasuke." I said with sympathy in ,my eyes. Naruto hadn't smiled in days and it made me frown too. "Do you mind if I come in?"

"No, please, come in." Naruto said trying to sound polite, but he sounded uneasy and sad. He turned and went back into the house. I followed and we sat in the middle of the living room. We may have been best friends, but I'd never been in his house before.

I was looking around his surprisingly neat house when suddenly Naruto began talking to me. "so... what are the flowers for?" Naruto said as he wiped his nose with the back of his hand. There was no denying it, he was obviously crying before, but he must of stopped not too long ago.

"Uh..." I began as I blushed. "I uh... brought them for you. To make you feel better. I know you were leaving later today to get Sasuke back and I wanted to stop by and give you them since... well.... I might not see you for a while."

"Well thanks..." Naruto said with a fake grin that quickly faded. It may have been fake but it made my heart race and I couldn't help but smile. "They're real beautiful."

I nodded as I handed them to him.

"So what have you been doing lately?" He asked.

"Mostly training with Vegeta. He... he fixed me. He found a way to get rid of the monster in me." I said as I bowed my head. The truth was, when I fought, I thought of Naruto. I may have kinda liked Vegeta, but I loved Naruto more.

"Vegeta..." Naruto scowled. "I'm glad you found a way to control yourself."

I could tell he really wasn't that happy. Just then grasped a handful of my shorts. I feared Naruto would not come back. tears built up in my eyes and I bit my lip, telling myself not to cry.

"I... I love you Naruto!" I bursted out and quickly covered my mouth. I didn't mean to say it, I didn't even think of it. But something in my heart made me.

"What?" Naruto said as he held onto the roses. "I thought you loved Vegeta?"

"Vegeta may have fixed me, but he doesn't make me smile like you do. He isn't as friendly as you. He also doesn't like me as much as you..." I said with a single tear escaping my eye. "Truth is... you fixed me, Naruto."

"What? How?" he asked turning red.

"Love is the only thing controlling my monster. When I fighting think of you. You make me strong... I'm only half a heart without you."

I expected him to say something but he didn't respond. I tightened my grasp on my shorts and gritted my teeth and growled in the back of my throat. "Please, say something..." I whispered loud enough so he could hear. Before I knew it, tears streaked my face, and ran down to my chin, and dropped down not the cold hard floor.

I didn't look up at Naruto, and then let go of my handhold. I felt energy flow from around me, but forced myself to stop. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and breathed through my plugged nose.

I was just about to stand up and leave when I felt something brush up against my lips. Naruto leaned in and kissed me on the lips. my heart skipped several beats and I began to panic a little.

Half a minute later our lips broke apart. I just wanted to grab Naruto and just kiss him over and over again. I was all red. "I gotta go!" I shouted as I shot up.

"Hoshiko!" Naruto shouted as he reached out for me. I then stopped in my tracks as it reminded me of when I attacked him. I shook my head and bolted out the door. I didn't look back, since I knew if I did, I would just embarrass myself more.