four

it's been a week since i've been hanging out with mingyu and it has been the best week of my life.
it turns out that we have so much in common, like how we prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate and the love for cooking.

i feel like we really became close in just a matter of seven days, it's so surreal.

even though i've still been coughing up rose petals, they have been coming up less frequent.

maybe this is a good sign.
i smiled to myself, looking through the many photos we took together.

we go everywhere after school and on the weekends; the arcade, mall, dog park, any place a person in high school would go to.

and everyday he's become more and more charming. i didn't know i could fall harder than i already have with him.

i could sense the dirty looks coming from his ex every time i pass my locker, but it doesn't bother me.
it's not like i'm alone and mingyu is my only friend.

my friends have come to like mingyu and casually try to pair us together, which i pretend to not like, but you know it's all an act aha.

they'd tease me so much if they found about my crush on mingyu- especially boram.

she'll poke me so much that i'll have polka dots all over my body by the end of the day.

as i search through my phone, trying to make more space for potential photos, i get a notification.

mingyu: don't be late!

i quickly look at the clock. 7:00. i'm gonna be late holy cow.

i rolled off my bed and fell on the floor with a thud.
isped through my daily routine and decided not to eat breakfast, since i'd rather have no detention and just hungry.

luckily, i caught a bus and was able to reach school with two minutes to spare.

i proudly looked at the school, imagining a crowd of clapping people.

but here's the weird thing.
they stayed there for a long time.

i stood there, utterly confused. was i hallucinating due to my hunger?

it was then when i heard a familiar voice call out my name, "nari!"

i whipped my head around and there was mingyu.
with a sign.
and it said, "will you be my girlfriend?"

i just stood there and stared.
is this for real?
kim mingyu wants me to be his girlfriend?

i smacked my face real hard just to make sure that i was not dreaming.
once i felt the stinging pain, i knew it wasn't a dream and that i just embarrassed myself in front of many people.

i slowly approached mingyu, who had a big smile on his face.

"so, nari, uh- " mingyu stops midway to nervously gulp.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

oh my. oh my.
and i still stood there, my jaw hanging open so much it probably touched the ground.

mingyu laughed sheepishly, " i know it already says it on the sign but- "

this is too good to be true. me? and mingyu? i had to confirm if this is legit.

"i-is this a prank or something?" i stammered.

mingyu looked at me, definitely surprised.

"no no," mingyu replied, setting down the sign, "nari, i really like you. ever since i started hanging out with you, there was something special that just has drawn me to you."

even though this whole entire scene is cliche, i started getting butterflies in my stomach, or maybe rose petals.

the edges of my lips naturally started to curl up in a big grin.

"of course i'll be your girlfriend, kim mingyu." i managed to say, as confident as possible.

mingyu immediately steps closer to me and embraces me, placing a kiss on my still red, burning cheek. this earned quite a reaction from the crowd.

this was all so sudden, but despite that, it felt perfect as if it was meant to be, if that even makes sense.

the bell for first period started to ring and the crowd instantly dispersed, leaving mingyu and i alone.

he turned around and turned back to me, this time though, holding a pretty bouquet of fragrant white roses.

"see ya, girlfriend." mingyu says with a cheeky smile on his face as he runs to class.

i was officially the happiest girl in the world.

the school day went by unbelievably fast and i felt like a small kid in preschool again from the level of my happiness.

carrying the bouquet of roses, i made it outside and began to walk home.

not too far into the walk, i felt a warm hand capture my cold ones.

"hey nari." mingyu greets me with his usual cheeky smile.

"hi min." i reply back with a small chuckle.

"sooo, how's it like to be the girlfriend of a tall giant beast named mingyu?" he casually asks, looking down at me with a teasing smile.

i let out a "hmph."
"pretty boring if you'd ask me." i sigh.

mingyu stops with his cool act and panics, stopping me in my tracks.
"wait really? what should i do? am i too bland? oh my gosh i'm so sorry."

"no silly, i was joking." i laughed at mingyu.

he immediately clears his throat. "of course, it was easy to tell."

i crinkle my nose and whisper "liaaar."

"well, miss nari, it seems like we have arrived to your house!" mingyu points out.

i laugh again, "wow, thank you"

"no probs shortcake." mingyu says as he gives me a quick peck on the cheek.

i unlock the door and realize what mingyu just called me.

"hey, who you're calling shortcak- " i begin as i turn around, but stop due to the sight of no mingyu.

psh. that boy. he got lucky.