⭐Sunset⭐

Two Months Later
February 14
Friday

"Life's a mess. Minds in disarray, so are my clothes. As I undress and pick an outfit for this sunny day. Cause it's okay. I attempt not to let my optimism slip away."- Sunset x The Internet

Omniscient⭐

"I hate valentine's day with a passion

"I hate valentine's day with a passion. It's like a blatant reminder and slap to the face that I'm single and nobody wants me." Nyla grumbled to herself, as her and Gabby sat down at their usual spot in the cafeteria.

She looked around the lunch room, spotting couples showing off their gifts, balloons, candy, and big teddy bears. People were boasting and bragging about everything they had gotten and whatnot.

Nyla hated the holiday for the simple fact that it made single and lonely people like her feel like shit. And it was intentionally done on top of that. But nonetheless not having a valentines, was the least of her worries.

Her mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical health had been her top focus as of late. And Nyla was doing much better than she initially was almost three months go. Going to her therapist for their weekly meetings helped to a certain extent, but Nyla soon realized that she didn't need it. She just needed love. Lots of it. And support. Nyla found that with the girls of BGA. Even though she avoided the meetings in the beginning, Nyla soon came around, and developed a close bond with the seven other ladies of the group. They all had unique stories of their trials and tribulations of being a young black girl in a world that doesn't accept them based off their gender and skin color. BGA was a safe haven for Nyla, and had become the sisterhood she never had.

As each day passed, it became easier for Nyla to deal with the tragedy of Lucas's death. Some days a brief memory of him would come to mind and make her sad because she missed him dearly, but praying, talking to Gabby or Lola, and writing out her feelings had become therapeutic that helped her to cope. Nyla just wanted to make the best of her senior year by staying involved in after school activities like student council, yearbook, BGA, and keeping busy by staying on top of her schoolwork and college endeavors. Things were finally starting to look up. Slowly but surely, time always heals all things.

Gabby sipped on her Gatorade. "Girl half of the people in here bought they own shit to front. Aren't you excited about Christian's pool party tomorrow though?" She asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm just ready for my birthday to come up on the 25th. I can't wait to finally be 18." Nyla smiled, thinking about the thought of finally being considered grown.

"Yassss bish we gon turn up, and I'm gonna get you some-"

"Hey babe."

Lance appeared from nowhere, wrapping his arms around Gabby. "I missed you." He pecked her lips repeatedly.