|uno|

At the end of the day, I always end up lost in thought while taking a trip back to the day I had lost my friends.

I was hanging out with Mary in Starbucks since school has finally ended. Mary was very excited to be a sophomore, however I dreaded becoming one. Somehow, I felt as if sophomore year was not gonna be the best year for me, and it turns out I was right.

Mary and I were separated. I was in the section that had all of the people who were academic achievers and scholars. The top 30 of the batch was in it and considering that I ranked 6th, I was placed there. Mary failed a few classes so she was placed in a different section. We were placed according to our ranks and Mary was placed at 75th, making her nowhere near my class. It was the time for our break and I approached Mary and to my surprise, she had already met new friends. She acted as if she had not known me, as if we had not been best friends. She called me "a nerd" and laughed mockingly with the rest of her new friends.

I knew that day that I lost a friend.

{Flashback over}

My eyelids drooped by the second but I forced myself to stay awake. I did not want to encounter the same nightmare over and over again. The battle to be wide awake quickly ended a few minutes later, with my exhaustion clearly winning.

***************

It was always the same, everyday for a month. The girl, she always ended up dead. I couldn't do anything. I was rooted in the same spot.

I saw the killer point the gun at her. It was as if I have been the one who was doing so. I was seeing this girl get murdered in the very eyes of the killer.

I would hear the killer mutter a few words but never has it once been clear.

It was blurry so I couldn't make out who the girl was.

BANG!

They always ended after the gun fired.

And as usual, I woke up sweating. I could never shake away that nightmare ever since I started having them.

It had come to haunt me, to remind me of something or perhaps someone I lost. I wasn't even sure myself.

A/N
Hey guys so I hoped you liked this chapter! Please don't forget to vote and comment :)

Copyright © 2017 by Natasha0006
All rights reserved.

This chapter is dedicated to rhoumantic for being an awesome writer and friend :) please do check out her book, A Little After Six!