Chapter 25: Day 3

I woke up to the sun blaring down on me through the branches. Rays of light blinded my eyes as I rubbed my eyes. Guessing it was around noon, I climbed down my tree and went to my traps, still feeling a little sore from the squirrels attack.

Luckily for me however, there were two squirrels (normal ones). I went and got the sticks to start up the fire again.

After a few unsuccessful attempts, I eventually managed to get a fire going, and I started roasting the squirrels.

I had a great lunch/brunch after having not much food for the past 2 days. I felt like a fatso after I realised I'd eaten two whole squirrels but I just shrugged it off and went to bathe. I made sure no one was close by before stripping down to my underwear. I kept a knife nearby in case anyone DID come by and I washed my hair and skin thoroughly.

As the sun was was still shining really brightly, I managed to get out the river and dry in literally 5 minutes. I put my clothes on and took my backpack and everything and decided to explore more of the arena.

I walked towards the Cornucopia, to see if the Careers were there. I knew it was a risky decision and Ash was probably screaming, but I continued going. It didn't take too long to walk, only about 30 minutes or so and I climbed up a tree a bit further from the clearing so I could spy on them from the treetops. I swung to a different tree and so on, until I was right near the edge.

I popped my head through the branches trying to get a better view. The Careers were definitely there. They were laughing and talking, sharpening their weapons and generally looked more like they were a group of friends at school rather then Careers in Hunger Games. Well apart from the fact they were holding weapons.

I nearly vomited when Cato and Emily kissed, Cato putting his hand up her shirt. Did they not have any shame? People were watching them right now. Which also meant people were watching me too.

After waiting for nearly an hour in that goddamn tree, the Careers finally went in the opposite direction to my relief. I was planning on ruining (or stealing) all their supplies.

I quickly climbed down the tree the moment they were out of sight, and ran to the Cornucopia not wasting a second. I could imagine Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith commentating and everyone in the Capitol going 'oooh!'. Unless there was a fight going on somewhere else but I couldn't hear any screams or cannons right now. 

There were way too many supplies to take, so I only took vital stuff like medicine, food, ropes (which I needed), and matches (which I also needed).

I took 20 minutes at the most and started walking back to my tree. It took longer than the way to as I occasionally dropped an item and I had to be careful of actually not dropping all the stuff.

I got lost a few times but I made it back to my tree. Sighing in relief, I dropped all the stuff at the base of the tree. I brought down my bag and sorted out all the stuff so everything cleanly fit, except I had to eat some of the stolen food so it could zip up.

I had to admit, compared to other attempts people have made to steal from the Careers in other games, I did mine very well. I had an awful flashback to when I watched a District 8 person try and steal from them, except the Careers came back just as she was leaving and they tortured her, and eventually killed her.

I hid my backpack and bow in the hollow of the tree, and just sat on the branch. I'd gotten a drink from the stream and filled up my flask, and I'd already eaten so there wasn't much to do.

Nothing happened that much day, I roasted another squirrel for dinner and nobody died that day except there was a mysterious human scream that afternoon.

---------------------

Sorry about the short chapter but I had to go to the hospital this morning (no I'm not sick or anything it was a checkup).