Market day

(AN: Thanks for looking at this! It's my first Frerard fic. Btw, there is a fair bit of talking about rape and abuse so be warned)

Gerard
The trembling neko shrank further into the corner of his little cage, whimpering as the bars pressed against the fresh scars on his back. He didn't mean to step out of line. But he was so hungry. Normally, he could handle the hunger cramps. But it had been nearly three months, and he was so desperate. The bread had just been inches from his cage. But he'd been spotted, and the proof was all over his back. He was lucky it was close enough to market day at the time, otherwise...

The Slave dealer kicked the cage. "Get up ya little freak!!!"
Gerard squeaked a little and bit back tears. Crying was not something you did here. It just made people get angry. As the dealer opened the cage, Gerard crawled out slowly, his arms shaking as he struggled to support himself. He heard the click of a lock fastening a chain to his collar and was dragged to his feet sharply. The dealer grabbed his ear and he stifled a yelp. The normally loud, barking voice of the slave dealer suddenly became soft. "Third time, remember?" Gerard nodded as best he could. "Good... Remember what happens if you get sent back three times?" Gerard froze. He knew all too well about the three strike policy. The dealer pulled his face closer and whispered. "If you get sent back three times, you're fair game. The boys and I have been pretty stressed lately. I reckon if you come back again, you could fix that."
Gerard swallowed. It was all too easy for his mind to imagine what these men would do to him and he fought to keep those cruel memories of that night at bay.

The dealer pulled at his chain and dragged him out to the market. The daylight blinded him and the laughter and leering emitted from the crowd defend him. He shrunk in on himself as the bidding began.

Frank
Frank, c'mon! You need to go outside!
Frank Iero stared at the clothes in his closet as he has his daily debate with himself as to whether or not he would leave the house. He reached to close the doors when he stopped. An old photo of him and his mom caught his eye. It was from his fifth birthday. He smiled as he remembered her. Her big brown eyes with little green dots. Her soft hair that was almost never neat. And her hugs: warm, safe, loving. Like sunshine...
He chuckled. "Y'know mum, if it weren't for you I'd have never left the house at all."

After a change of clothes, Frank found himself in the market square. He weaved in and out of the stalls and other attendees, trying not to be recognised. People tended to get funny when they found out they were talking to a billionaire.
He looked in the direction of the noisiest part of the crowd and saw what he'd hoped to avoid: slave traders. Ever since that law had passed, Frank had developed a strong disliking for the government. And the system's treatment of nekos was something he didn't want to think about.

As he was about to leave, a neko was dragged into the display platform. Frank was paralysed. The boy was skeletal and weak, trembling as he tried to stay upright. His hair, ears and tail were a vibrant red and his skin a pasty white, lined with bruises and scars from whips, belts and all manner of other instruments. But most hollowing of all were his eyes. Fear, pain, self loathing all lurked there. But... There was something else...
"Now, let's start the bidding at 500! Any advances on 500?!"
Frank snapped back as the dealer stared the bidding and people stared putting their hands up. He had to get this creature out. Working his way forward, he raised his hand to join the bidders.
"800 to the gentlemen at the back! Do I hear 900?!"
A man off to the left raised his hand.
"900! Do I hear any more?!"
The man to the left cried. "5000!"
The crowd gasped and Frank froze. 5000.
"5000! Going once! Going twice! And..."
No. He would not leave him. "10,000!!!"
The crowd gasped and looked to the other man. He paused and shook his head.
"10,000! Going once! Going twice! And SOLD to the gentlemen at the back!"
He breathed a sigh of relief and walked up to the side of the stage as another slave was brought up.

The dealer held out his hand. "Address please."
Frank looked puzzled. "Why?"
"Free delivery. Besides, you look like a man who still has things to do. I'll just collect the cash drop him off at your place of residence and be on my way."
He paused as he mulled this over. "Okay." His hand went into his wallet and he pulled out the 10,000 along with his address.
"Pleasure doing business with ya!" The man took the money and walked off, dragging the poor neko behind him. Frank sighed and headed in the direction of a music store.