Author's Note!

Hi.

Hello.

I know some of you are probably going to be upset that this isn't an update, but I'm hoping the majority of you are going to be happy to know that I'm not dead. After all, it's only been like a week since I've updated, which isn't bad - for me at least.

Anyway, I've come to you guys not with an update, but with news!

A few chapters/author's notes ago, I introduced the idea of me publishing an original work for you guys to read here on Wattpad. Originally, I had no idea what I was going to do with the broad idea of writing something original, or how I was even going to approach the daunting task. However, I took my Christmas break (I go back to school on Wednesday, kill me now, please) to tackle that challenge and settle down on what I wanted to write.

I tossed the ideas around with multiple friends and family (and by my family I mean my mom) and I wrote a few chapters of something that I created 100% myself. I know some of you are probably like "ugh, stop being such a drama queen, you write all the time." Well, writing a fanfiction (where the setting, basics, rules, character roles, etc. are all planned out for you) is a lot easier than making everything up yourself. I've always had quite a vivid imagination, but it's a lot harder putting it down onto paper. 

So, while I'm not ready to release my original work to Wattpad just yet (going through some tweaking), I'm going to share the description with you guys right now! I'm not certain that this is the permanent outline, as I'm still changing things around, but this is basically the gist of it. I really hope you guys enjoy it and come around to reading it when I finally publish the first chapter!

ROYAL
An original work by Kaylin_WC

Princess Annabelle of the Kingdom of Astana seems to have everything anybody could ever want - a high status, a palace as a home, two healthy parents and a twin sister. With servants and maids at her every beck and call, it appears she would never have to endure any struggle or suffering in a lifetime.

But that simply cannot be.

When it's time to put it in writing on who will succeed the throne when her parents pass on, severe complications arise. With her parents failing to bore a son and without having an older child, the right to royalty becomes a battle of blood - one with consequences no one outside of the royals would dare believe. The sources of strikingly bloodcurdling evil will emerge, all competing for the throne - but who will succeed? 

There you have it!

I hope you guys find it pretty interesting. Out of all the people that helped me with their opinions (I say this like I know a lot of people, it was literally only four) I owe the majority of my thanks to my friend Elaina, who I'll tag below after I'm done with everything. Wattpad's tagging is a little glitchy, and really hard to get done correctly, so I'll save it so it doesn't mess everything else up.

I want to make it perfectly clear, that although it would be greatly appreciated, you don't have to read Royal. It would mean a lot to me, but it's understandable. It's not Warriors, which is why we're all here in the first place. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's just how life goes. I just want to make clear that this isn't a fairytale. There's not going to be a Cinderella or a Sleeping Beauty type of story. I don't know exactly how to explain this, but that's a common misconception that's given with royalty type stories. I feel like I've stated this enough, but I'll state it again: I'm going to continue writing the Skyfall series. I'm not switching stories, just expanding my horizons!

Also, that aside, I've decided to give you guys my Instagram. A lot of people message me (NOT including my roleplays, I'll stay here for that) and since I go on Instagram a lot more than I go on Wattpad, it may be easier for you guys to message me there. If you choose to follow me (which, you should, since my acc is lit and I follow back) I only ask that you don't comment on my posts about my stories, since my classmates follow me and know nothing about this side of me. Not to mention this would be a great way for you guys to get to know me a little better, since I value the relationship with my readers greatly. I think it's really important to keep in touch with my fanbase.

That being said, please ignore fetus pictures of me. The majority of those posts are from eighth grade, there's one from freshman year and I think four from sophomore year (this year). I've debated deleting them, but eh, memories.

Expect a Skylight update sometime this upcoming weekend! Thanks so much, as always, for reading and for supporting my work, fanfic and original alike!

Much love!

-Kaylin

My Instagram: kaylin.scho
Elaina's Wattpad: -Orion_
Elaina's Instagram: silvery.orion