A Piece of a Memorial History (1)

In the cold winter night of December, a man walked down the empty streets, with hair blending in the dark night and icy blue eyes the shone in the darkness. The snow fell and with every sigh the man took, a puff of cold smoke formed into clouds and disappeared the moment they came to view. Just like him. It was like it wasn't there in the first place. Like he was fated to be.

"Just a God of Calamity...huh?"

"Yato, come back to us. You don't belong there. They won't even remember you. Come back to us; we won't leave you..."

"No way, Nora! I will live my life my own way. Who cares if they won't remember me!"

"But you're a God of Calamity! If you die... -"

"Shut up!"

The man luaghed bitterly, "They view me wrong."

A tug on the hem of his jacket. "Onii-chan!" He froze. No human should be able to see him... right? They couldn't unless he reveals himself to them.

Another tug. "Onii-chaaan!"

The man looked down. His icy blue eyes met with gold blue ones. They both blinked. "Waah!~ Onii-chan's eyes are so pretty!"

"Eh?"

"Nee, nee, Onii-chan, can you help me?"

"Huh?" He crouched to the child's height, "Didn't your parents warn you about talking to strangers?"

"They did!" He arched a brow, "Then why are you talking to me?"

"Because Onii-chan is not a stranger!" What? "I always saw you helping other people! But... it's always weird why you keep on walking in crowded streets with no one noticing you! (Maybe it's because he can't be easily seen) It's so cool! Like a ninja! (A God may I tell you)"

His eyes widen. Now that he took a closer look at the kid, she does possess a high spiritual pressure. Let's just hope that no Ayakashi would come after her. "I'm Yato, you?"

"Kamisaki Ayato and I'm five years old!" Heh...? Their names almost sound alike.

"Then, what do need help with? And what are you doing here alone at night?"

"Ah, I want you to help me find Mama and Papa! I kinda got separated from them."

"Okay..."

"Oh, and Onii-chan..." the little girl rummage through the pockets of her pants, "...is five yen enough? I want to thank you but I don't have anything to give you."

He smiled and patted her head, "It's enough. Thank you, Ayato!"

He held her hand and led her through the streets. It's a good thing that he left a note to Hiyori and Yukine that he'll take a stroll (in the middle of the night?).

That was the first time they met. A year passed since then, Ayato always visited knew where to find him. That is... until that fateful day.

"AYATO!"

The day where the child got into an accident and was rushed to the hospital; a critical state. Around the same time, the God of Calamity passed away. From the rumors, the little girl was just sitting by the bench when the truck abrupty changed course from the road - heading at the child's direction. Coincidence? Fate? It was a phenomeneon undescribable. No one knows the answer.

The truck's driver was interrogated. He said that the breaks weren't broken and the steering wheel was fixed; he throughly checked the vehicle before starting it. It was then in the middle of the road, a force made the wheel change course.

In the ER, the doctors were doing every single thing they can to keep the little girl alive. But her heartbeat suddenly dropped. It was devastating for the girl's parents. She was their only child. The doctors hung their head in the ER. They couldn't do anything.

"It's not yet your time, Ayato... It seems that we're two sides of the same coin. Soon, you will awaken."

A faint blue glow vanished into little Ayato's unmoving body unnoticed by the doctors. They were only brought to their senses when they heard the monitor started beeping again. They whip their head up to see the little girl opening her eyes.

"A miracle!" cried the head doctor

Indeed, it is a miracle. When the Kamisaki Family exited the hospital, the driver of the truck greeted them - apologizing for his carelessness. If he had checked it even more, then it might not had happened. Still, they forgave him.

Young Ayato looked up at the sky, "Arigatou, Kami-sama..."

This is the first chapter of the story. It is the Sequel of Reborn. I apologize for the wait.