A Piece of a Memorial History (2)

Nine years after that incident that almost cost her her life, Ayato felt that something... no- someone is missing. Only she can't put a finger to who it is. Maybe... a part of her? No, that's ridiculous. But what if she's really missing a part of her? No, shake that thought.

"Mom, I'm going out..."

"Don't forget to bring your scarf, dear! Oh, and your gloves! Walk on the sidewalk and stay away from-"

"Mom, I know. Calm down, it's not gonna happen again."

Ayato closed the door behind her. It was snowing. December. The month that has a sentimental meaning in her life. It's still an early morning - around eight so she decided to visit some shrine. Her midnight blue hair tied into a messy bun with a few strands gracing her face. Ever since that fateful day, her parents became quite over protective of her. That doesn't change the fact that she's still a little bit childish. She loves the sound of bells and often visits the shrine in her free time. She had been homeschooled that's why she goes to the shine near their home everyday.

Now, at the age of fifteen, Ayato ventures out to see the world- just kidding. At least, not yet. For a daily occurence in her life, she would always find herself staring at a crown shaped hair accessory, or the shinais some store has on display. Though she would soon find herself chanting incantations the moment she sees those weird shaped monster thingy (Ayakashi). It was weird that no one around her can even see those accursed things but chose not to speak a word.

This went on and on until that one winter evening...

She found a boy collapsed on the snowy streets. He possess a hair color that she found unique. The kind of blond that remains pale yet bright. Near his collarbone was kanji for 'Yuki'.

"Must be his name...but why would it be written there?"

She brought the boy to her home. Her parents reluctantly went overseas for work a month ago; a two years trip. So, she got the house to herself. She patched him up and waited for him to wake up. This was the time she first met Yukine.

At first, he was wary of her but soon opened up - with her childishness and all... When she found out he's a vampire, fear swirled within her. And not because fear of him, but fear for him. He won't be able to go on if he can't feed on blood. So, he gave hers.

It had already been half a year since she welcome him. As an early birthday present from her parents for her sixteenth birthday, she was allowed to go to a high school she, herself, will choose. Of course, she became excited. She even dragged Yukine with her (using the money her parents always sent but never touched it if she didn't had the need to buy groceries. She works part-time mostly).

By accident, she overheard some rumors that Cross Academy is a school with two special class: the Day and the Night Class. She decided to hack some accounts (won't hurt) and fount out that the Night Class are a class for vampires. Oh, she took this opportunity, of course.

"Yukine, we're going to Cross Academy!"

The blond had no choice but to follow her. To his view, Ayato can be reckless, followed up by her childish attitude (most of the time). For Ayato, she can't help but feel overjoyed she can finally go to school. With a friend, no less!

This became the starting line of their story...

Where the truth begins to unfold...

Hi, I had to finish this short chapter in a rush. We just got home from church around 12:30 a.m. I'm going to sleep now...