Step By Step on the Stepping Stone

"Nora is the one behind this." Ayato firmly said, gritting her teeth, "And it seems my father is not in it this time."

"Ayato, what should we do? I'm sure the Academy's Night Class is looking for me and Yukine-senpai right now." Hinata's brows creased in worry. It's not that he doubt his wielder's skills. It's not that.

"Yeah, after you just said in front of them about being a Regalia; sure they would." Yukine huffed and crossed his arms.

"And stop calling me senpai!"

"Eh~? But you're under Ayato's wing before me~"

"I don't even know if you're serious or just being childish."

"Please stop fighting, you two."

Ayato rested her upper body on the kotatsu's table. The snow is starting to fall. Just like that time.

"I have to finish what I started..."

"No, Ayato we have to finish what we started."

Ayato smiled, "You're right. I have you guys by my side."

"But what about Alastor-sensei? You mentioned her name before." Yuuki asked

Ayato blinked. She'd forgotten to tell Yuuki about Bishamon. Silly.

"Eh? Yuuki-chan, you didn't know?" Hinata asked with a tone like a child. Sometimes, Ayato wasn't sure if Hinata is being serious or he just likes teasing and ticking off somebody.

"Know what?" This got Yuuki curious.

"That Vee- I mean, that Alastor-sensei is a God like Ayato!~ Yay!~"

"EH?!"

Ayato sighed and closed her eyes, while Yukine face-palmed. The new addition to their family was an oddity, much like how Yato was before having Yukine and Hiyori in his life. They had to fled into the deep forest outside Cross Academy to avoid encountering other vampires or any entities. They found an abandoned cabin to be their "hideout" as Hinata called it.

"Let's get our head back in the game, shall we? We'll be wrapping everything up before they realize that we've been gone for too long." Yukine sighed

Ayato, Hinata - formerly Haruhi - and Yuuki straightened up. And... huh... Hinata can be serious when he wants to. Ayato shook her head. Focus! "Okay, let's get this over with; So here's what we gonna do..."

* * *

Meanwhile, back in Cross Academy, classes went on as usual without a hitch. That is, until dawn breaks...

"Where is Yuuki, you bastard?!" Zero grabbed the collar of Kaname's vest. The latter stared at him with an unfathomable expression.

The Chairman voiced his thoughts, "It's concerning for Yuuki to leave without any message or to even leave with no return at all..."

"Taking your anger out on me won't change anything, Kiryuu Zero. Should you really be blaming me, or your incompetence?"

Zero growled, making his eyes turn red in the process. His anger is oozing out it waves before dying out. Despite what Kaname said to the vampire-turned human, the pureblood is blaming himself for loosing sight of his sister (not that he would tell Kiryuu either of the fact).

"Go back to class, Zero." It wasn't a request. Once the prefect was out of earshot, Kaien turned to Kaname, "Things are getting out of hand and I hope you have a solution."

"I do. Once we get my sister back."

It was in Art Class that raised the questions of the absent students. "Hm? Kamisaki, Cross, and Kazuhiko aren't here?"

"SORRY I'M LATE!" All heads turned towards the door. There, in all his school uniform glory was Kazuhiko Haruhi (now Hinata, but they don't need to know that) grinning sheepishly as if he didn't barged in, "I got lost on the road of life."

SILENCE...~~~

Zero's mouth ran off before he could stop it, "The fuck?"

I haven't updated in a REALLY long time. Almost a year, maybe? Or more than a year? Hehehe...