Chapter 21 - The Meeting

Eddie got a text with a picture attached, it was from Jerome. It said:

“I’m really worried about the mark Joy has, what if it means something else? Would you mind looking up for it at the library? Here’s a picture of it.”

He looked carefully at the picture. He had seen it somewhere else, but couldn’t remember where. He knew it was important they found out what it actually meant, for their own safety. It might mean more than just a symbol. He was about to go when he remembered it was in the library where Nina and Fabian would be meeting. He needed to talk to Nina.

He made his way to Nina’s room, when he saw Emily coming downstairs.

Eddie: Going somewhere?

Eddie took Emily by surprise.

Emily: Oh, yes, to school, I left something over there.

Eddie: Need any help with it?

An immediate ‘no’ was her reply.

Emily: I’m okay on my own.

Eddie thought she was hiding something. He went upstairs and knocked on Nina’s room, then came in.

Nina: What is it Eddie?

Eddie: Well, before what I was going to tell you, I just saw Emily going back to school. When I surprised her, she seemed a bit nervous. I offered my help but she immediately said no.

Nina: That’s very strange, why would she be going back to school at this time?

Eddie: I’ve no idea, but we can find out if we hurry.

Nina stood up from her bed and was about to go, when Eddie grabbed her arm.

Eddie: There’s something else.

Nina looked at him.

Eddie: Jerome asked me to look up for the mark Joy has, I was intending to go to the library to look up for it.

Nina: That’s where Fabian and I would be meeting.

Eddie: I know, that’s why I’m asking you first. I’d be in the second floor, and won’t make any sound, I promise. And if you need any help at some moment, I’d help you.

Nina knew she wouldn’t be able to handle it on her own, so she agreed. Both went downstairs and ran to school to find Emily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily was waiting for Fabian outside the school, in the front door, since it was the only place Fabian knew about, apart from the library.

Emily saw him arriving, and waved goodbye to her mom. Then they hugged.

Fabian: You missed me already?

Emily: Like you’ve no idea.

Fabian: Well, here are the books you lent me. I’m taking these into the library.

Emily: You want me to come with you?

Fabian knew he couldn’t take her with him, as much as he wanted.

Fabian: No, it’s okay, I’m taking some others out and I’d probably work a bit in there. You’d get bored; you know I delay for hours.

Emily felt he was hiding something, but in any way, he was right. He’d spend the whole day reading books that were boring for her.

Emily: Then, it’s alright. I was planning actually in going home for this weekend, it’d be fine.

Fabian: That would be wonderful, yes, wonderful.