Synopsis

The enormous villa was decorated like a bride, with firelights like pearls embellished on its edges, making it shimmer like a star fallen from the sky. The encompassing trees and bushes were enhanced too with multicoloured lights hanging from its branches, radiating splendidly in that moonless twilight.

Why would it not be? After all, it was Chandigarh's best hotelier's daughter's engagement ceremony who was the apple of the eyes of her father, Mr Sudhir Bhardwaj, and of course her mother, Mrs Sunita Bhardwaj.

Inside the villa, the scene was no different, in fact, it was more magnificently decorated with big and beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, making the interior of the mansion look classier and more exquisite. The big hall was decorated with beautiful red roses, everybody's choice, along with the charming Tuberoses with their natural sweet-scented and intoxicating fragrance. The workers that did the marvellous work with satin clothes and lights on the wall and the pillars were at everybody's attention till now as the soon-to-be engaged boy and girl hadn't arrived yet who were the heartthrob of this ceremony.

To check the last minute preparations, close relatives were moving here and there to examine if everything was perfect or not, Indian festivities can be hectic, too frenetic.

Children were busy running around the house trying to measure the house by their small feet. Their laughs, giggles were reverberating in the whole house along with the noises of people rushing around to check the last minute preparations.

Meera Bhardwaj, the Princess of her family was being engaged to Rudra Sharma, the famous hotelier of Rohtak, which was a city near Chandigarh.

Both Meera and Rudra were in love since the time of their 'arranged marriage setting'. Both had liked each other's company, along with that, the compatibility and understanding between them had always been a goal for others, the two ingredients for the success of a marriage, no doubt in that.

Meera's best friend, Pritika was also present there arranging different things required for a proper Hindu engagement ceremony for her best friend-cum-soul sister. Accompanying that, she was also engaged in her work of guiding guests inside the mansion, siding with Meera's cousins. Guests always demand special treatment and special welcome even in a busy commemoration like marriage. Why would they not? After all, they won't get such a warm welcome on a daily basis.

Mehmano ki khatirdaari.

(Welcoming, ushering, and treating guests with delicacies along with sweet words and praises)

And after a long inevitable wait, belatedly, the groom's family also arrived and everyone entered inside the mansion where they were welcomed warmly on the doorstep with all the Indian rituals like Aarti, applying vermilion on the forehead, sprinkling the holy drops of the pious Ganga on them and later the shower of rose petals on them, by none other than the girls' party. The Groom side was subsequently escorted inside, after exchanging the greetings and gifts.

Indian khaatirdaari is best!!!!

~

The engagement was finally concluded with all the Hindu rituals along with the hooting and clapping of youngsters, simultaneously with a few exchanges of shy and cute glances of Meera and Rudra in between.

And assuredly the most awaited moment was here! Yes, the feasting time for which most of the guests of any party wait and anticipate for, holding their horses of hunger and of course, their appetite for so long was finally going to be freed.