Episode 14

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘩, 2017
𝘋𝘪𝘷𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘯𝘵

Falling in love with you was like entering a house and finally realising I was home. When you smiled at me I felt invisible hands encircling around me making me feel vindicated. When your eyes were locked on mine, it was like I could see galaxies instead of just pupils. Having you in my life made me feel like everything's possible in this world like I could conquer anything. I didn't regret meeting you and I knew you might be my first but what I really wished in life was for you to be my last.

But the antagonist of our love story had already arrived ─ the orthodox and slow-witted Indian mindset which believed in the legacy of having pure blood even if it comes at the expense of pouring out blood and flesh in a mob butchering.

And two lovers were again sequestered from each other, another incomplete love story was enrolled in the register of heartbreaks and poignant-ending tales.

Along the way of losing you, I found myself losing me too.

The one whom I loved so dearly was my assassin now ─ killing me slowly and slowly, every passing day, and the most capricious thing was that she was slaughtering me even without her propinquity. I guess that's what heartbreak's definition holds for. The red chamber had punctures all around with its wall leaking the crimson red blood, the doors and windows were abysmally clasped just like ─ an abandoned residence of some ghosts or spirits.

One week had passed of our severance and there was still not a single trail of her as if she had disappeared, implicitly ─ she had blocked me from all the platforms where we were formerly connected ─ WhatsApp, Facebook, Phone, Skype, Hike and not even the Gmail was left, she had blocked me from that app too. I lamented sorrowfully and tweaked the bottom of my nose in utter disappointment.

And perversely, I couldn't visit her residence as who knows what reverberations she'd have to sustain if her parents too would have taken fellowship from the Orthodox Association of India as mine did from many centuries. Another speculation of not visiting even at her school was ─ I was not in Chandigarh from the past five days as I had to investigate tediously regarding a peculiar case at Ludhiana and that had ravaged my strength and time at an exponential rate.

To come so close to pure love and lose it so violently is something no medication can heal. I was a broken man now, who was atoning on his sermons that had left his harbour-like mouth a week ago and there was no means of countermanding it back. Whatever I had said, she had gotten that completely incongruous of what I had meant.

I had just wanted a miniature break from Pritika but she had given me a lifelong break-up.

I sighed sluggishly and looked at my mobile screen which was reflecting one of the snapshots of our first date which we had spent on the top of the mystical Kasauli. How gratified we had been, how much we had relished each other's company and the last four months were the most celebrated and the most beguiling phase of my life for which I'd be always indebted to the almighty and of course, Pritika.

My job hadn't a single source of puns and jokes but since the time she had infiltrated into my life, I was always laughing and tittering, and in her company only, I learnt some PJs too.

But as if our love story was a sandcastle, a bollixing wave came and strangulated and swamped away our castle of affection and faith, annihilating all our dreams, promises and us. I knew, what I was feeling wouldn't be even an iota of the castigation that she might be enduring through right now, but yes, she was a tigress, my tigress; she would've made a tough demeanour but inwardly I knew how woefully she might be grieving too, won't she?