PROLOGUE

It was the day of my crowning. I was supposed to rule a population of hundred people and I was supposed to expand this leftover human population as fast as I could. Since the last time I was face to face with Sam, more than 99% of the human population had died. Nearly a few more than one thousand people were left on this whole earth. It hadn't been much time since I first saw the Demon. Everything became a lot clearer after that. I knew, I understood whom to kill and whom to save but first I needed to construct a plan for the expansion of my people. I also needed to train myself and control the powers given to me by the association, Scott was going to cater to that, for as long as he could.

I sat down with my exclusive panel of executives, chosen by yours truly. They were all unique and smart in their own way. I knew I could trust with them, the kingdom or whatever after I had to leave with my friends on our long expedition. I didn't know how to and whom to convince to stay in the village and I didn't know whom to convince to come with me. A lot had happened in the past month. I had made new friends whom I absolutely needed on my journey and whom I didn't want to put in danger.

Somehow, I kept thinking I could have prevented killing all those people, I still think I could have. I was the reason they all died and nothing could ever change that. Scott once said, "Do not blame yourself for things that you thought were right when you did them." I don't know how apt it is for the situation I was in. I decided not to blame myself, learning from Scott's quote but it was harder than I thought. I had to train to get revenge on the people who made me kill all those people and I also had to make things right.

I remembered the good old days as I walked on the only road in the village which had 100 houses on the left side, one after another and shops and farms on the right side.

I remembered playing pool with my dad and washing dishes for my mom to get my allowance. I thought about the car that we were planning to buy for me. My friends and the people of the Kingdom walked behind me, cheering and hailing their king who was supposed to bring the hope of survival for homo-sapiens. They all were smart people and had already developed the system of living which explained who would do what to complete everyone's every need. I was just a face for the king. The actual rule was under Sam who was pulling the strings from somewhere I couldn't reach. He was the leader of the association and I needed to find him. He was hiding many truths from me and I needed them uncovered.

I finally reached the end of the road where they constructed my castle. It wasn't as huge as one would imagine. I mean it was only a residence for two people. Outside the wooden room which rested on a high platform, there was a huge chair. I walked towards my darkness as I walked towards the chair. They put a crown carved out from wood and designed with leaves on my head. I sat down and looked at the all the people from the kingdom as they adjusted in lines to hear what their king had to say. They all expected some huge motivational and hopeful speech from their king not knowing that he was the reason they lost their families, friends, and happiness. Behind all their hopeful faces, I could see the guilt, survivor's guilt and the pain I had caused them. I didn't know what to say, so I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Hey guys, I am Aaron. Your new king." I saw the faces turn into puzzled and disappointed. I needed to give them what they needed, hope. My voice got deeper as I spoke. 

"Ahm Ahm. The heart of a Kingdom lies in the residents. They are the ones who decide if it is meant to be doomed or if it is meant to rule the whole world. So, I ask you, the people of my nation, what do you want to do? Do you, want to fall or do you want to rise high? I call all of you, together we make this world whole again. Together we make this world our again. Together we remove the apocalypse from its roots and together we provide, we consume, we prosper. Remember we are together. And we will stay together, for those whom we had to leave behind, for those who we will leave here after our deaths, for those who expect us to grow and for those who currently stand in front of me. I want to say whatever we do, whatever you do, do it for yourself but never turn your back on the village. You might think it would be easier but let me tell you, this village is everything you have in the name of a human contact. By the looks on your faces, I can see your sadness hiding behind those masks you wear so people won't see the real you. You all feel the urge to run away, die or even kill. You think that we led to the deaths and we must vanish to avoid any future similar events but I say no. In these thoughts, we, the leftover one thousand homo-sapiens represent weakness. I say, we don't. We represent hope, justice and human instinct to survive. I welcome you to clear your hearts from the darkness and prepare for the battle against the demon."

The faces changed quickly. The hope I had managed to give them, evaporated as I said about battling the demon. The faces were scared, the true face of fear and I could see hundred of it.

"I see your fear and I laugh at it. Is this what you are, is this what you were supposed to be. You are human, the species which fought through every problem to survive for more than two million years. Yes, two million and today I see you scared of a small demon. We survived then, we will survive now."

"I understand your unwillingness to go into a battle without having the strength or the mind for it. I will not ask you to join us in the battle but I will ask you to clear your mind and think about our last lesson with the association, the World Leaders' association. They said that the demon gains powers from the evil that resides inside us. Together, we can and we must eradicate that evil from our hearts and our society. That is when the demon will become week and that is when the world leaders will strike him. Together we will bring that day closer and together we will defeat the demon."

I sat on the chair as everyone went back to doing their assigned chores as they shouted.

"Together we are, together we stay." "Together, together."