Chapter 4- A Walk in the Park

----------------------------------------Emma^-------------------------------------------

"What do you mean you can't come?" I asked Max as I was driving to pick him and Emma up to go explore the park.

"I gotta get groceries for my ma, I'll catch up with you guys later" he replied.

"Fine. I'll meet you later" I hung up and tossed my phone on the seat next to me. 

I drove passed Max's house and stopped to pick up Emma.

"Hey, where's Max?" She asked as she was opening the door to the back seats.

"He is meeting up with us later, come on up here" I patted the seat next to me and grabbed my phone and placed it in my pocket.

She shut the other door and came around to sit in the passengers seat.

"So, Kai. Is that short for Malachai? Or is Kai just your name" she asked as we drove to the park.

"Kai is just my name" I replied shortly.

"Interesting. What's your last name?" She looked at me with eyes of curiosity.

"Johnson" I said.

"Middle name?"

"You know you could've just started out with 'what's your full name?'" I smiled.

"I realize that now" she laughed, "but seriously"

"Uh" I turned a corner and was driving through the parking lot to find a space at the park, "Turner"

"Kai Turner Johnson" she repeated to herself, "nice"

I parked and then turned off the car. Then I turned to look at her.

"What's your full name?" I asked.

"Emma Rose Scott" she smiled.

"Nice." I turned away and then opened the car door.

We stepped out and walked through the wooded area before the park. The park had stands all over. There were skateboard places, biking trails, graffiti walls and a pond in the middle with water spurting out of it.

We walked side by side through the crowd of people. I stopped. I froze. My muscles tensed. Emma stopped and looked up at me, but my eyes were locked on the man in a costume. He was smiling and had a big red nose. The man walked closer to us. Flashbacks were coming back to me. I'm sitting in a chair and I heard my name. I turned around and standing there was my nightmare. A clown that held a chainsaw. I was crying in a corner, screaming for my life.

"Kai!" Emma brought me back. I was still staring at the clown as it walked in the opposite direction and he gave a lollipop to a little boy, "Kai! What's wrong" she found what I was looking at and pulled me away.

I looked down at her hand that was grabbing mine, she was dragging me somewhere else. My muscles were still tensed up but I wasn't frozen or getting anymore flashbacks.