Transitional Past and Departure

(Clara's POV)

"I'd prefer that we start today instead of tomorrow cause remember last year? It didn't turn out so well."

~flash back~

It was the second day of our two-day gap of transition. We hadn't done it yesterday because Max had to study for a final. I sat patiently outside on our porch, playing with the white crystal earring on my right ear. I normally only wear a stud to hide the face that I have it pierced, and to save the hole so that I don't have to keep going back and getting it pierced. Max has his left ear pierced and he does the same thing. We have to wear these crystals because they help us have more control over the details that'll happen. It's not that large of a crystal anyways, about the size of a button. I hear the door open and footsteps. "About time, Max. It's almost midnight." "I know, I know, I'm sorry. I had to make sure that everything was in a safe location. You know what happens." I roll my eyes. "Whatever, let's just hurry up cause I want to get some decent sleep." I sit in front of Max, steadying our breathing patterns to be the same. The cold air drifts by us, making the stars shine brighter than usual. Our entwined hands glow a soft white, small snowflakes emerge from inside. The environment around us slowly turns a lighter shade because of the frost, icicles form on the porch covers, and the grass receive frosty ends. The temperature slowly depletes, winds turn brisker, and more snowflakes appear. Our hair flutters behind us from the breeze, our noses and cheeks turn a rosy red. All of a sudden, the winds turn harsh and waver from calm to strong. The temperature wavers back and forth from mild to freezing. I yell to Max over the winds, "This is what happens when we procrastinate on the transition! Shit goes haywire!" "I'm sorry, okay? Just concentrate more and we should be done by then! The process is almost done!" The grip of our hands tighten to the point where our knuckles turn white. The crystals shine brightly, emitting frost that crawled up our skin. I look at Max, his left eye slowly turning a light blue. My own eyes widen but concentrate once again. "Almost...there.." I hear Max mumble. The temperature lowers and stays there, he winds stay strong but not harsh, and the rosy red returns to our cheeks. A white ball of light floats up from our hands and explodes, releasing soft snow into the world.

~flashback end~

Evan and his friends come back to the room. "Whatcha guys talking about?" "Same thing I was talk about with Johnathan, seasons." They all once again tensed up. "Look, I know you all are season descendants, there's no need to hide." I could see that they all relaxed. Johnathan and David let out a breath they were holding in, Lui lets his shoulder slump, and Evan falls backwards. "What seasons exactly are you all? Max and I are Winter." Evan looks at Lui, "We're Fall." "Spring." from David. "Clara you know what I am, but I'm a summer descendant!" Johnathan announces. "Well I figured that cause you have a sun tattoo on your back and waves on your front. I saw them when we went swimming during the summer." "Well Evan, you have small owl wings in your back and a leaf on your heart." said man jut shrugged. "Lui, since you're Evan's brother, do you have the same tattoos?" I look towards Lui. "No, I don't, but I do have the leaf over my heart. The owl wings was just extra." I only nod at him. "David, what about you? Did you inherit any tattoos from being a season descendent?" He shakes his head. "No, my mom said that they would appear when I turn thirty. I'm twenty-eight right now. She said that a shamrock would appear on my shoulder because I'm Irish, and a line of leaves on my collarbone." I smile at him. "Can't wait to see it. Ding. I pick up my phone. "Max, it's time to go, mom wants us home now." Max stands up with me and head towards the door. "Thanks for having us Evan!" He calls out. "See you next time." I add. "See you both later!" Lui and Evan call. We walk outside of Evan's house and shut the door behind us. "We need to head home and start the transition. That's the first thing in our list, then you can do whatever." "Fine, fine, I won't play video games five hours before midnight." Max says sarcastically. I just roll my eyes at him and walk towards home.

(Johnathan's POV)

When the two twins leave, we're left in silence, minus the just dance music in the background. "Well, I need to edit this video, I'll see you guys later." David gets up. I take off my mask and take a deep breath. "That's fine. I need to as well." I stand up and gather my belongings, turn off my camera and pick up my phone. David walks out side while I say my goodbyes and close the door. "Got any tests to study for for tomorrow?" David shakes his head. "No, I have one soon but not tomorrow so I might study for that. What about you?" "No, same as you though, upcoming test next week." We reach our two-story house, unlock the house, and head inside. Clean, white walls paired with dark brown wood floors throughout the entire estate. Many shades of blue and green appear in every room, whether it be on a vase or a painting on the wall. I take off my blue raincoat and hang it in the closet. "David, do you care what we have for dinner? I plan to make a pizza and salad." David walks in without any shoes on or a jacket. "Yeah that sounds fine. What soda do you want? I'll grab it from the game room." "I don't care." He mutters an ok and walks away. When he returns with the soda, I pull the pizza out of the oven and the salad out of the fridge. We eat in silence, staring at our phones scrolling through whatever social media we have. "Hey Johnathan, I'm gonna clean up my stuff then head off to my room for the night. Gonna edit some videos then pass out." I nod towards him and continue eating. As he heads up stairs to his room, I clean up my things and put away the leftovers. I head into my room, turn the lights on and sit at my desk. Light blue wood, with a contrasting dark blue lamp and bookshelf. My silver PC, open to raw video content. "Okay, let's get started." I mumble to no one. I end up editing for a few hours and passing out in my chair.