DIY's for girls

Throughout this book there will be many helpful tips and life hacks! I have collected all information from trusting sites on the internet and many from my own personal experiences. Please don't be disheartened or disappointed if some hacks / tips don't work for you as everyone is different. However they are still fun to give it a go and learn new things.

The first tip is:

How to help hair growth

"Hair typically only grows a quarter inch - half an inch max each month" " and sill, getting long hair is only possible if it is super healthy  and doesn't have a ton of split ends" - Mark Townsend, celebrity hair stylist. 

1. Wash your hair correctly. Try not to wash your hair everyday, every other day or two is fine. Focus on the scalp when applying shampoo and try and wash your hair under the coldest you can handle.

Washing your hair everyday does remove the natural oils such as sebum. Sebum is constantly produced from the sebaceous glands. So it is good to wash your hair every other day or to as a build up of sebum can make your hair greasy, oily and dull.

2. Always make sure you condition your hair. Never apply on your roots as it tends to fall flat and become oily faster, always apply on the bottom of your hair and focus a lot on the tips. 

3. Braid your hair at least 3 times a week for 2 months. it seems a lot but its worth it.

4. Massage your scalp before going in the shower, for 5 minutes, it keeps the blood flow going and it is healthy for you.

5. Eat lots of protein, its the key to shiny, silky, healthy hair. 

6. Drink lots of water, at least 6-8 cups a day, if you are dehydrated it will really show in your in your hair, it will make your hair dry and dull and prone to damage.

7. There are many natural remedies to help hair growth such as:

Green tea - boil the tea bag in the water for a minute and apply the warm green tea on your scalp  (may still be quite hot so be careful) Let it stay for about 45 minutes and then wash it off with cool water. Green tea is very rich in anti-oxidants that promote hair growth. 

Egg - mix egg whites with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of honey. Apply to the scalp and keep on for about 20 minutes then rinse out with shampoo. This mask is full of protein, zinc, iron and other nutrients which increases your hair to look healthy and grow.

Onion juice - chop the onion into small pieces and squeeze out its juice. Apply it all over your scalp and leave for 20 minutes then wash off with shampoo. Onion is rich in sulphur that promotes the production of collagen in your tissues which boosts hair growth.

How to get fit

1. Work outs- do work outs that includes cardio like running, swimming and cycling etc

2. Get inspirations and motivated from YouTube videos and set your self goals

3. Eat healthy its really important, make sure you have a plate full of greens

4. Drink a lot of water to keep you hydrated, drink about 10 cups a day

5. Go jogging when its a nice day or take a walk 

6. Cut out junk food, stay away from sweets, ice cream, cakes etc

7. Do 60 minute work out:

For example:

20 minute of full body elliptical

20 minute on the treadmill

lift weights

40 crutches or squats

Or watch some videos online for other routines / exercises 

To keep yourself motivated, don't push yourself to hard at the start, gradually introduce yourself then you'll eventually start to become more confident and fit to push yourself harder

There are many books and websites to go on for enjoyable, healthy food recipes. Eating healthy can be hard if you don't cook the right things for you. Look on websites such as Pinch of Nom, Good Housekeeping and Delish for delicious and healthy recipes.

---

comment if any of this helps✨