Finale: Theo's Arrival

Theo entered the Rose Room where all the others had been told to meet. Maggie, Annabelle, Clara, Rachel, Leia, Luke, John, Jude, Eva, James, Hannah, Nate, and then of course, Mr T and Parker. They were all standing there, half of them surprised, the other half grinning as if they already knew. 

Theo smiled, awkwardly, uncomfortable under the gazes of his fellow musicians. He raised a hand. "Hey, guys," he said. His eyes landed on the brunette he had been trying to include all year and he laughed. "You finally got added to the group, James."

His friend laughed. "Just for today," he said. "Just for you."

Theo smiled and nodded. "Cool," he said. "So, what's next?"

Clara's arrival was a lot less awkward. She had Eva to tackle her in a hug, Isaac to scream in surprise and Hannah to fill her in on everything she had missed. But Theo had already seen Luke, James and John in the hospital that week. And he had been talking to Maggie, who had filled him in on everything he missed the past two weeks - which was nothing.

"What's next?" Parker repeated, walking towards Theo. "You all stop wasting our time and write us some killer music." Theo laughed and Parker smiled at him, placing her hand on his shoulder. "What's next is that you sit and catch up with old friends, you guys will probably end up singing a couple of songs and then whenever you're ready, you can start your studio duties again. But for now, just relax and slide back in. We've all missed you and would like to spend some time with you."

Theo smiled and nodded. "Thanks, Parker," he said. And he meant it.

+++

Luke rested his head on John's shoulder, something he always did when he knew John was not in a good place.

"What's up, babe?" Luke asked.

John had dropped the whole 'nothing' act around Luke a long time ago. It was impossible for Luke to not be able to read him.

Instead, John sighed. "I just feel like . . . I don't know. With my mum, and then Clara and now Theo-" He had to stop speaking, feeling his eyes tear up. He didn't want to cry. This morning wasn't about him, it was about Theo. 

"You just feel like what?" Luke asked, resting his hand on John's arm and rubbing it up and down. 

"I just feel like this-this thing-it follows me everywhere." John couldn't stop the one stray tear from rolling down his cheek. Luke, as always, refused to let John to be sad as he wiped the tear away.

"John, that's ridiculous and you know it."

"I know, but it's just hard not to think it. It's like Horror movies - you know they're not real, but you still get scared when it's dark and you're home alone," John explained. 

Luke sat up properly and looked right at John. "John, you have Michelle now - kind of, sort of. You don't need to think like this anymore. You are amazing, and the only reason bad follows you is because it's jealous of you. Because you're such a bright, positive beam of light in everyone you meet's lives - in Amelia's life when she heard you play piano, in Michelle's life, in my life. John, I wouldn't love you so much if you didn't mean that much to me."

John's heart was overwhelmed with love by his best friend. This time, he dropped his own head on Luke's shoulder and sighed.

"I need to talk to Michelle about my feelings before she gets away," he said.

"For the first time," Luke said. "I think you're right."

+++

Theo, Isaac and Clara were catching up - Clara was sharing how awkward she felt when she returned, but even though it was a horrible position, hearing that Theo was where she once was made her feel better and like she wasn't alone. Theo was really touched hearing that.

"Hey, guys," Maggie said, coming up to the three. "Do you's mind if I steal Theo for a second?"

Isaac and Clara looked at each other, knowingly, while Theo was confused as ever. 

"Sure, go ahead," Isaac said.

Theo was hesitant as he got up and followed Maggie out of the Rose Room and into the Bullpen, where they were completely alone.

Maggie stopped in the middle and Theo stood directly in front of her, confused as she wore a massive grin on her face.

"What's going on-" Theo tried to ask but was cut off by Maggie's lips pressed against his in the greatest kiss he had ever experienced in his whole entire existence.

It was a short kiss, but the above statement still remained.

"Um, whoa," Theo said once it was over.

Maggie laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Theo Randall I have had the biggest stinking crush on you for as long as I have known you, and it took you leaving me to make me realise this," she said in a tone that was half-sarcastic, half-scared. "I thought I was going to lose you."

Theo couldn't stop smiling and laughing as he stared at Maggie and listened to the beautiful words he thought only a dream could ever bring him. "To be honest, I thought you were going to lose me, too."

Maggie buried her head in Theo's chest. "Please," she mumbled. "Don't ever leave me again."

Theo wrapped his arms around her torso, pulling the girl in his arms closer. He placed a kiss atop her head. "I won't. I promise."

A/N: I'm so sorry for this whole entire book I am going to go delete my whole account now.

lmao ily,

-C xx