Chapter Twenty

"You're not going." Rebecca frowned from the door of Jazmine's room. Jazmine looked over at her before shutting her bedroom door. She knew it wouldn't deter Rebecca for long so she lifted her dresser and put it in front of the door.

Jazmine went back to looking through her closet in search of an outfit for her date later with Paul. Since she had come to terms with her temperature she could wear anything now. The only reason she usually wore shorts and a sports bra was for convenience when phasing.

She settled on a metallic camisole but since it looked as if it was supposed to be cold she paired it with a black cardigan and skinny jeans.

She stared at a pair of black heels but sighed and pulled on a pair sneakers. The day's in which she was able to wear heels were over. She checked her phone for the time and sighed before looking towards her door. Rebecca was waiting right outside.

She had an hour left so she actually put effort into her hair and makeup. By the time she was finished both of those Rachel had joined Rebecca and they were trying to convince her not to go.

Jazmine tapped her fingers against her desk before giving up on the idea of getting out by them.

"Fuck it." She sighed and made her way over to the window. She shoved it open and jumped out. Her father was sitting on the porch when she came out and he laughed and tossed her the keys.

By the time Rebecca and Rachel had realised she was already out of the drive.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jazmine could tell Paul was boiling abut half way through dinner. She watched him open another button on his shirt and fan himself a little. It was the most he'd worn since phasing.

"Are your eyes still sensitive?" She asked, referring to the sunglasses he was wearing.

"Nope, want to get out of here?" He asked and Jazmine laughed but followed him. He left the money on the table and led her out of the restaurant. They walked down the streets of Port Angeles quietly.

"I don't want to take them off because I want this to be because I want it. Not the imprint. It's the same reason you didn't want to look at me." Paul explained and Jazmine smiled and clasped his hand in hers.

"I want you to know that I love you because of who you are. Not because of some spiritual wolf thing." Paul promised and Jazmine ran her thumb over his knuckles softly.

"You know it's the same for me. The only thing that changed was I now have a strange urge to attack any girl that looks at you the wrong way." Jazmine admitted and Paul laughed.

When they got to his truck he opened the door for her and she got in. When he got in the other side she turned on the radio and smiled at the soft country song that played.

"That reminds me, how does Embry know I listen to country music?" Paul asked and Jazmine shrugged before laughing.

"Oh, I told him because he was asking why I listened to it and I said I must have gotten it from you." She smiled over and he laughed.

He laughed and started up the truck but paused and reached behind the seat and pulled out a t-shirt. He unbuttoned his shirt quickly and Jazmine stopped him when he went to put his t-shirt on.

"You don't have to wear it just because this is a date." She told him.

"I think you just want to keep me shirtless." He teased and Jazmine rolled her eyes.

"I remember the heat in the beginning. It's for your own comfort." She told him and he nodded. As they drove Jazmine made herself comfortable and took off her cardigan and put her feet up on the dash.

"If we crash the airbag will force your knees into your chest." Paul reminded her.

"One, you have the reflexes to not crash, two I am willing to bet that's not even a full day of healing." Paul shook his head and slapped her thigh until she put her legs down. She reached out and took his free hand in hers and she stared at his fingers.

"Are you sad you won't be going to California?" Jazmine asked and Paul shrugged.

"I wasn't going." He said and she frowned.

"You weren't?" She asked and Paul shook his head.

"Nope, I made my mind up the day we had the argument." He admitted and she smiled softly. She ran her fingertips over the back of his hand and smiled happily.

"It's not what I planned but things are looking good now." She admitted. Paul looked over at her and smiled before pulling her hand up to his mouth so he could kiss the back of it.

"The only thing I've ever planned for my future was you, so things are looking exactly how I wanted things."

When they arrived back on the Rez they sat in his truck overlooking the beach. Jazmine had her head on Paul's shoulder and he had an arm around her.

"When do you think you'll be ready to take your glasses off?" She asked and Paul shrugged.

"About an hour ago?" He asked and she laughed before pulling back to look at him.

"Can I?" She asked and he nodded softly. She reached up to take them off but changed her mind and kissed him instead, soft and quick before pulling away.

"I need a before and after comparison. For science." She laughed softly before pulling his glasses off and looking into his eyes.

He got the same look that she herself had. He stared at her as if she was the Sun, the moon and the stars.

"How about we have that after now, you know, for science?"

Well, Turning Tables is over. I wrote four chapters of this like two years ago and then on the 29th of December I got this mad rush of inspiration and here I am and 12:09 am on the 5th of January with a revamped version.

Of course, I plan on doing a sequel, we are all probably dying to find out how the second kiss fared, you know, for science. I can't promise it will be written as quick as Turning Tables was because I'll be back to school on the 9th but I'll start tomorrow morning. Also, my frend will probably pressure me into finishing which is one of the only reasons I give her access to read my stuff. Jokes, love you H x

Okay, night guys x