Chapter 1- Introducing Marcus

I awoke to the vibration of my cell phone buzzing out of control on the nightstand next to me. I reached over to grab the device. The glow of the screen in my eyes helped to wake me that much further. The text message I received had arrived on schedule with the location and time of our meeting.

 Tonight's the night, I thought the beginning of the end, and so far it looks like everything is falling into place. I got myself out of bed. I was already dressed and ready to go in my blacks, shirt, jeans, and leather jacket. I grabbed my keys and headed for the backdoor exit from the basement room I called home.

 I paused for a brief moment wondering if I should bring any protection with me,  but no need since I'm my own weapon. I walked across the front lawn to the drive way where my two-wheeled companion was waiting on me. 

She was gorgeous with her deep blue and metallic silver paint job a fine piece of machinery I thought as I slid my hand along the side. I started her up and pulled back slowly on the throttle. I sat down and fished my cell out of my pocket and took another glance at the message I was given.

At 10:30 meet me on 2nd street in the alleyway behind the Italian restaurant. P. S. You better be the real deal, and come alone.

 Well, he sounds friendly, I hope everything goes smoothly but even if it doesn't I'll make sure to pick up the pieces when I'm done, besides over the years I've gotten quite good at cleaning up after myself. 

The Big Apples city streets were alive with lights and entertainment everywhere you looked, as I drove past it all with a blur of speed and wind.

 By the time I got to second street, it was nearly 10:30.  I better not keep my guest waiting. I saw the Italian restaurant he was referring to across the street. I crossed over to the other side and headed to the back of the building. The alleyway was very typical for the city with its smells of urine, alcohol and week old garbage.

 I paced around for a few minutes thinking the SOB is probably a no show. Then I heard footsteps from behind me. I turned around and saw the shadowed frame of someone approaching. His footsteps were picking up tempo as he got closer to me. I could already make out his face even though he was still a good twenty steps or so away. 

He was younger than I thought he'd be considering the knowledge he had of my kind and what he claimed to possess which was very hard to come by. He looked to be in his late teens at max twenty but certainly no older.

 His face was littered with piercings from his eyebrows to his chin, even his tongue was pierced as I listened to it banging against his teeth as he swished it around in his mouth. He had light brown hair that was shaved at the sides, his dark brown bloodshot eyes shifted back and forth making sure that there were no surprises and that I had indeed come alone. 

Next came the fresh smell of whiskey escaping from his mouth as he exhaled heavily getting closer to me. He stopped in the shadows just before the overhead street light that would have given his features away to any normal creature. We stood there for a few seconds eyeing each other in the darkness.

" I ah-  I have w -what you asked for" his voice sputtering to get the words out. 

"Do you now?" I said with all the intent that sarcasm had to offer. 

"Yes I have it right here" he said as he tapped his left jean pocket, "I need you to step into the light so I can make sure you hold up to your end of the deal."

 I inched forward and stepped under the street light as requested. He shuffled further back to make sure nothing else was going to happen. He then stepped back up to his original position.

" Ok I know what to look for so no Bull Shitting me, "Got it?" 

"Now then, lets start with the eyes show them to me."

 At this point he was so close to me I could have just killed him and taken what I wanted but considering how much knowledge he had there was no telling who he might be connected to, so I decided it was best to play along. 

"As you wish",  I said as I closed my eyes and began rubbing them to break the cloaked connection I had placed over them and myself. I reopened them as he stared on at them.

 "Good",  he said like coaxing a puppy to learn a trick.

 "Now just one more thing" he said smiling like a Cheshire cat. "Show them to me",  as he opened his mouth wide and pointed to his canines with his tongue piercing clicking as it tapped his teeth. I nodded in approval opened my mouth and curled back my lips exposing my fangs to him.

 He then started circling around me and looking at every inch of me like one would at a large caged beast on display. I followed right along with him as he made his way back around to his starting point, my eyes then fixated back on his pocket.

 "Satisfied?" I asked with my sarcastic nature coming out to play again.

" Very much so" he said looking on with an evil grin.

 He then moved in closer to me with his hand reaching into his pocket he pulled out the small cylindric vial I had been waiting for. He held the vial out in his open palm in my direction.

 "Here's what you asked for, now give me what you promised" he said staring right into my eyes. 

I could see the iridescent blue glow that my eyes were giving him through his. 

"Sure just hold still",  I said as I grabbed a hold of the vial and gave it a new home in my pocket.

 I then placed my hands on either side of his head as he gazed deeply into my irises, and began giving him the tripped-out vision that he requested,  like no other drug on earth could.

 He would be out of it for at least half a day,  afterwards crashing down so fast he'd probably wish for death, but no matter I had what I wanted. I dashed back across the street, hopped on my bike and sped away.